How'd it go today?

Two small "emergency" storm cleanup jobs this morning -- 1). Siberian elm broken limb over a driveway. Climbed, dropped, chipped. Done in 15 minutes. 2). Willow of the Brook from a repeat customer had a broken 14" leader (25' long) from the last storm. I climbed it, released it, chopped it up, chipped it. Solo, done in 20 mins.

Then back to yesterday's hackberry to grind it. Grind time was longer than taking down the tree -- over 3 hours, lotsa root chasing. And the hill that helped us skid leaders down to the chipper was a huge detriment to chasing roots. Wished I had a track grinder!

Wowsa! That looks like a view in the mirror when I was done with that hackberry in the full sun, with the dry dusty soil thrown up in my face!

You look hot, you need a paddle board to beat the heat:D

Pruned a nice oak way too high for my tastes. She wanted more cut (already 20 feet off the slope from hell) I denied her request. Felt I had already cut too much. Proof in the suckers next year if I did. One of those, Can you go out there on the branch you've already been out and moved your tie in after three ascents and cut it off things.
Then killed a little weed of a dead pine over a power line and garage tied into a bigger pine for safety. Had to crawl through and climb through manzanita to keep from messing those up. Got stung by paper wasps twice (throw ball woke em up hitting the deck they were camping under). Had to winch all the material up hill. One guy short. Then she is gonna send a check :/:
Been a fuggen week like this. I'll see if I can post up some pics of a decent prune I did on a good sized black oak I did earlier in the week. Lowered most of it onto a roof and deck. I need to go eat dinner.

Hella hot up there Jim. Be careful bruh.

Worked on this some today...some of youse guys might find it interesting...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gg9DKXg2-V4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I grew up across the street from stipe, so locally yea everyone here at least supports him, knows him, or knows someone who knows him so they support him anyways

I?ll also add that the Croatian community here in Cleveland is like the 2nd or 3rd largest in the US so he has a lot of supporters from that as well

I grew up across the street from stipe, so locally yea everyone here at least supports him, knows him, or knows someone who knows him so they support him anyways

I?ll also add that the Croatian community here in Cleveland is like the 2nd or 3rd largest in the US so he has a lot of supporters from that as well

Well let’s hope you tired yourselves out for the semi..

Back