How'd it go today?

Nope, went straight to PT. There can be a very wide range of damage under the term "torn rotator cuff". You may need it first, then get into PT...but you sure as heck need to be headed to the therapist as soon as you are able.

If my response/recovery under that program had been less successful, the steroid injection was waiting in the wings.

No work for two weeks already, and this is the first I have heard of it :(...how long do you expect to be down, Butch?

Mixed day today...
Katy had a bunch of stuff to do today and since it was raining, we sort of took the day off until she got home.
Called my mom to see how my step dad's procedure went. He has been waiting for more than a week to have a titanium filled balloon inserted in his back. He cracked his spine falling off the ride on mower little over a week ago. That went well and he is feeling much better. Not sure how it all works, other than maybe taking pressure off the disk and nerves :dontknow: It is a permanent fix the doctors say. Unless he screws up his back again. I guess he has instructions not to lift anything more than 5 lbs for now and I think not much more than that the rest of his life. I guess they found some osteoporosis also.
SO now my step dad can fly out to my sister Becky's wedding in CO next week who has and is being treated for colon cancer and such. Late stages so it's not good but she is a fighter and may survive a few more years with maintenance chemo if they get her into remission.
Then find out that my bio dad is dying in hospital with colon cancer. My younger sister is at the hospital with him so he won't be alone when the doctors tell him he is a dead man. I have not spoken to this man for 30 years. Mixed feelings there.
SO ...........
I went out and looked at some more storm work and cleared a driveway for an old customer so she could get to town and get supplies. She is still with out power for four or so days. So are many others up here. WOrk is still coming in. By chance I went by to check on another account we are supposed to do a few oak TDs at and there was more damage. More work. 130 foot plus pondo down in the back yard too, up rooted. Root ball then slid down the side of the creek bank so there is less chance of it springing back up when I dice it up.. Bunch of hangers over where it came down though as it broke through some oaks. Should be fun:|:
I think I may have found an M37-M1 I might buy in OK. Just need to talk to the guy and see how I may arrange it getting back to CA. With all this weather, I may just fly out and drive it back if at all possible. It's in Gowen OK. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130500054405#v4-37

Phone keeps ringing.... see what the rest of the day brings.

Every joint in my body hurts .Evidently I caught some type of flu .Two pairs of sweat pants,two flannel shirts ,a little brady .I'll sweat it out ,chances are better come morning .

Big thanks to the Skwerl for hosting me for a week and showing me the finer points of his neck of the woods. :)

Butch... you shoulda got your ass to the VA sooner. :what: Hope you mend up, boss. :)

Heal well Butch, and do seek the pt.
Long day here mold covered dead laurel oaks five total all climbers but slow as brittle and targets. Ran a 460 today not impressed except with the elastostart!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I do my own PT. Hey Al, you outta send that Brady fellow out to get you some liqour!!! :lol:

How did it happen?

I was pulling two limbs together - kinda like a standing dumbbell fly and WHAM! Out it went! the muscle was probably hanging by a thread, and that action snapped it. I had to shut down and go home.

Hey, Boss...about doing your own PT. I had a shoulder problem in my twenty's that took too long to get over. I finally went to the orthopedist and he diagnosed a rotator cuff problem (hurt it in a martial arts class). Doc sent me to the physical therapist. The PT put me on an exercise program, first time I had ever done weights (probably 8-10 different shoulder/back/chest exercises). It started getting some better in a few weeks but still was not right.

The PT added just ONE exercise (a cross body pull on a cable machine). That one exercise made the difference...shoulder got fine pretty quickly then. Burnham is right...it may take a PT that understands your mechanism of injury and range of motion problem to set up the right exercises to do.

So say me. It's aggravating, I know. Keep us posted.

Long day here mold covered dead laurel oaks five total all climbers but slow as brittle and targets. Ran a 460 today not impressed except with the elastostart!

Not impressed?! Was the chain sharp? Air filter clean? My favorite all around saw, I take that personally!;)

Sorry to hear about all you injured/sick guys. Mend well

Did some bidding. One of the bids was a church Ive done tree work at several times now. The fella I deal with kinda pissed me off. I was giving him a price to take down a norway maple. Ive done work in this tree before but now it has to go because they are putting in a parking lot that will run right up to the base of the stump and everyone feels it will be better in the long run to remove the tree. So, this fella was on the fence post about removing now, before they pave the area, or having me take it down later in the year when the paving is done. I explained that here and now, I can bomb the tree out in pieces with little trouble, and thats how Ive priced the tree. Later in the year, when there is a new parking lot under the tree, I will have to rig out that side of the tree because if I bomb it on the asphalt.....

as I was finishing the statement this fella says "if you dropped pieces on the asphalt it would damage it and I'd sue you." I just stopped and stared at him. I had half a mind to walk away then and there and tell him "smell ya later". My professional side kept the conversation moving smoothly. But, a big part of me wanted to just walk away for him having thrown out the notion of suing me. Come on, we've done business 4 times now and the church as a whole has always been pleased with my work and doesnt seek multiple bids on tree work anymore. I guess Im just very sensitive about sue happy people that dont even give a moments thought to using the word or threat.

I will certainly get a call back shortly to go ahead on the job but I think Im going to tell him right up front that if he is sue happy, and thats his first course of action in the event of a blunder, than Im not willing to work for him. It might cost me the work, but only if he isnt willing to lose that attitude. And if he isnt willing to lose that attitude, I dont want the work.

I know exactly what you mean, Chris. I despise people who casually toss that crap around, especially when directed toward me. Perhaps you can contact his superior at the church and let them know, while asking them for an apology from the jerk. IMO that kind of comment is inexcusable.

Im glad you understand. Some folks might think Im being a baby. When i hear lawsuit, I hear "expensive, time consuming, stressful, and embarrassing". Plus, when I break stuff, and it has happened, I take care of it right on the spot. There's no need to even consider a lawsuit. Last fall, I caught the passenger side of the chip body on my truck on the corner of the roof of a nice carport. Busted a few shingles, bent and ripped the colored aluminum fascia and the wood behind it. Before the customer even came out to see the damage, I had a roofer on his way to get a color sample of the fascia so he could have materials ready for the next morning. When he was done, the new fascia was a slightly different shade then the older fascia that surrounded the damage area due to fading of the existing material. I told him, replace all the fascia with new material all the way around the carport. Why, because I leave things the same or better than I found it, especially if I damaged it.

So when someone even mentions suing me, it riles the hell outta me, because Im not a guy that folks need to sue. Period.

Back