How'd it go today?

It's hard to tell from this picture but my 950 ramrod loads a good sized log over the side of this dump trailer. I'll try and get some pics next time we're loading if you want.

Attachments

• IMG_6717.JPG
    IMG_6717.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 41
That would be cool. It does that with the bmg? Mine would do that with forks but I doubt it would with the grapple

Ya grapple only.

Don't get me wrong. Big logs are only loading in the rear barn doors. Up to a decent sized log will load over the side though. Like maybe up to 20"?

The BMG would load good sized pieces in my chip truck, although it wouldn't stack them very tight. We'd stack them by hand and really get alot of wood in the box.

I could take a couple measurements if you'd like Willie. I could raise the bmg as high as it goes and say close it all the way and measure to the bottom of it. Or whatever measurements you'd like.8)

Brushed out another Jeep trail on a property we work on few times a year. I guess I am supposed to meet with the wife next time they are up or by the 4th of July for tree work including mistletoe removal. Something to look forward to in the middle of weed eat season:|:

I've been waiting for the water since about 5:00 and at 8:00 nothing. I called the ditchtender and got the night guy and he said that I was supposed to turn it on and off at the canal. So I just did that, and now I"ll be up late irrigationing. My ditchtender has only been on the job for a month so I won't get mad.

I could take a couple measurements if you'd like Willie. I could raise the bmg as high as it goes and say close it all the way and measure to the bottom of it. Or whatever measurements you'd like.8)

Yeah that would work, lift as high as possible and measure to the bottom of the closed grapple? That will be a good comparison, I even have a half metric tape measure to compare with:D

drove the wife to the doc today to get her wisdom teeth yanked. shitcanned my pruning job for this afternoon as she didnt look so well after the surgery, took her home and chilled till the evening. tree worker certification tomorrow and a few bids over the weekend. electronic device issues the last couple days, otherwise all is really good. new GPS and new Cell Phone.

oh, Bub said Mamma and Dadda yesterday and he seemed to know who he was asking for. :D

yikes. I started a mini nursery here this year, no chance of me watering at midnight tho, unless I start at 11:50...

I had them removed, no problemo. I was eating tacos that evening for dinner. The only pain was the needle stick.

Part day today our afternoon job stood us up with cars and stuff all in the dropzone.

Oh well I'm home earlier and tomorrow I'm taking the day off.8)

Man, today was awesome!! In honor of Arbor Day, a local arborist rallied some tree companies together and we did the poorer area of town. This was all set up in advance. The first half of the day we worked with a crew with a 75', very nice bucket. Dad climbed 2 and I was running ropes for one. Second part of the day, we had to prune a VERY NICE and large White Oak. This thing had to be 150 years old at least. Around 60' high, with around 100' spread, or more. Took three climbers(Me, Dad, and a friend I've climbed with some) about 2 hours to finish it. There were a ton of pics taken of all the crews, so when he post's them up I'll post the link over here.

I hope some of those pics wind up in the local papers ! .... we KILLED today brought in a tractor plus winch for continual ice storm cleanup to finish a high priority area ahead the Lupines .... Trac man drove , pulled trees with the winch , and fowarded ALL work .... I climbed six or seven trees to cut out breaks , while the BEST chopper cut and our newest "the Kid" , ran chokers all day ! Great Feeling ...Plus a Happy customer !

I hope so also.

Forgot to mention, on the Oak I climbed, got to give some small rigging a shot, which is something I rarely get to do. Fun for a change, instead of just cut and drop. It just adds a whole new dimension to the climbing aspect, with rope angles, loads, obstacles, etc.

It comes with youth youth man , RADA more lines in use are more lines to mind .... I'm sure you got that today ... plus communiction with the ground ...

Thanks guys. Communciation with the ground is key, which I think we proved today.

And I still have a lot to learn. Half the battle for me is pushing myself to do the task, like a limb walk, or going way to the top. After I get there, I feel better, it's just pushing myself to get to that spot that I find hard.

Skwerl, first name Adrian.

We toiled away a few hours at Chuck E. Cheeses. Left our kid there. Went to a cool nursery. We bought a fuji apple tree. We came home and now we are going to do dinner and a movie.

Back