How'd it go today?

Job got bigger today so we took Rob's 15yrd old with us. I started taking him out on jobs last year til he got a bad case of poison oak. So I am trying him on trees and weed eating this year. He did good last few trips out :)

Did a bid this morning and then I went to my cousin's son's wedding this afternoon about a 3 hour drive each way. A few hotties around there.

I'm just getting all my payroll and unemployment taxes straight this morning... :big-tongue2:

I'm good at keeping records of everything, but there's just so many f'n forms.

...a lot of shat to keep track of...

Payroll company;) http://www.payrollspecialties.com/
Yesterday I went and helped my father in law, he got suckerd by a friend of his that told him he could have the fire wood from a pine tree that blew down if he piled the wood. He started on it himself then asked if I would help, I get there and its 40" 90' long with 10" limbs on it! I thought I gave him plenty of wood but he can't say no! I was sooo glad to have the dingo. We finished that and he drove through the wettest spot on the property, truck made it through but the trailer sank! I guess there was 10-12k pounds on the trailer! I pulled him out backwards (suprised it came at all!) then went up to a buddies to turn his garden spot. We ended up pulling some fence posts, removing a sweetgum and burning the brush. Twas a big but enjoyable day

I made some kindling with some pine logs I cut last year. Sealed up the ends, right after they were cut and let them bake in the sun all last summer. Hella quick fire starter, and easier than digging stumps.

Pine here is like Erik said, camp or boiler. I was actually burning some last night with my hunny.

Today I went riding, felt great and had an awesome day.

Been running around and cleaning all day. Got some books from the library, drooled over some gadgets at Best Buy, and bought an inflatable bed for Mom and Bed Bath & Beyond. Grandma has to have 24 hour supervision for a week, so Mom's staying and sleeping over there for the whole week.

Also cooking some pot roast right now for dinner.8)

Hauled the 3 loads of log from the chemical plant, gotta go back and get the raking/blowing done today and I'll grind the stumps later in the week.

Picked up my kid today. Turns out that friends of ours took her home from Chuck E. Cheeses and had her for a sleep-over. I also picked up an apple tree that I am going to plant in place of my collared crabapple. The previous owners of the place chained a dog to the crabapple and I cannot see where the cambium at the base isn't dead and yet the tree limps along. The new apple tree is a fuji and may or may not work out in that spot over the long haul but I'll give it a try.

I love the fruit on them. If it dies we'll just keep buying fruit from the store. We want to do it organically so that will probably limit our success too.

I miss the apple orchards from up north. Too hot here. Plenty of citrus though.

Back