How'd it go today?

I had the joy of driving 2 hours(should have been, was 2hrs, 45min) in the pouring rain on some partially flooded roads with barely working windshield wipers. :pissed:

Otherwise, twas a beautiful day, full of sunshine from my heart! :D

"I had the joy of driving 2 hours(should have been, was 2hrs, 45min) in the pouring rain on some partially flooded roads with barely working windshield wipers. "

Feel lucky, I had no windshield to have wipers on.....

I fed the herd (grain during the drizzle, hay during the rain)....wrapped up like a plastic mummy, rain suit, peltors over a 'baseball' hat and under a rain hood.

Got off the tractor to open a gate....walked right into the front end loader frame thingee that was just above the bill of the hat DOWN I WENT......AGAIN!!! Bled into the hat a little bit, not too much but nasty big headache. :|:

I killed a rattlesnake and had my daughter tell me I was the "biggest hero". Not bad.

My Mom came home from her stint in San Diego and she's staying with me 'til Tuesday. Lotsa girl-time chat to catch up on !
...but if I don't get to work this week I'm gonna kill something. :X

I organized an event to bring together volunteers to water and mulch 140 baby native trees. It went well- we went through 500 gallons of water and I learned a new plant- Rattlesnake weed, which is part of the Euphorbia family!

Good day, but we worked till 7- that's no fun.

love
nick

I bet those poor orphaned baby rattlesnakes aren't as fond of you.

Maybe not. But they should be proud that their momma is going to make one hell of a show-and-tell presentation this week at kindergarten.

Oh yeah, and she tasted good.

Bring home something live to cook and have it fly or crawl all over the kitchen. She'll be more then happy to have anything already dead after that.

Bring home something live to cook and have it fly or crawl all over the kitchen. She'll be more then happy to have anything already dead after that.

Yeah....THAT would work. :roll: (James is in Texas remember, his wife would probably just pull out a shotgun & shoot it herself....THEN.....what a mess he'd have.)

Nick....be careful....I'm not familiar with snake weed, but the sap of some (I'm not sure of how many) of the Euphorbia family is caustic/irritating and can do very bad things to eyes.

One tree off a house, one big lead from a yard.......20plus calls. I LOVE WIND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D

Somebody say "wind" ???
This tree went down in town t'day. Edison's crew is out fixin' the lines right now.

More wind today. Yesterday, just after we finished removing a pine from a house, one fell across the main road and wires. It pulled the service from the house we were working on, it started to arc and burn. WOW! Fire dept. showed up. I was concerned with more things coming down, but had to get started.

Well, I'm in Vicenza in Italy. Flew into Venice this afternoon, just had a fantastic meal in the hotel. Man, the Olives and proscuitto ham here are to die for. 2 litre's of Astro Nazuro beer, and its off to bed for me.
Oh yes, in case your not feeling jelous yet, the overseas manager at CSF is 26, and a stunningly good looking Brunette. ;)

Re-topped some spruces today for a private job and was quickly reminded why line clearance is so much better than residential.
1. No retarded requests from customers. (Tree paste/roofing tar on cuts.)
2. No miserable seniors to put on a happy face for.
3. No customers telling me how they would tackle the job.
4. No vague verbal work orders from a boss too lazy to write anything down.
5. No fighting against the clock and rarely coming in under bid.
6. No dealing with big wood that nobody wants.
7. No trimming small apple trees.
8. No running out of work.

I think the company I was with today was probably the only company that didn't get a single storm damage call. I even remembered the camera for once in hopes of doing something big and really messed up. But just some pruning. Can only hope for tomorrow.

Back