How'd it go today?

So earlier this afternoon I'm supposed to go and do a little chipping job for a dude that I did a couple of removals for on saturday. He was gonna do all of the clean-up himself but after one truckload he did while I was there he decided to organize it all and have me come back and chip it. That's cool I explained to him how I wanted it layed out so It wouldn't be in one giant tangled pile and what not. Well after getting all ready driving down into town to his place, no brush in site cleaned right up. I mean he could've atleast given me a call to let me know. Wasting my time and fuel, next time he calls(if he does) there will be an extra c-note going on his quote to make up for lost time. Shoot I mean what's up with people I did two other small jobs for his neighbors on saturday that turned it into a long and profitable day, everyone seemed real happy :? .

Sorry to hear that Squisher. I also feel real badly for Ed, Venice must be such a let down after sleeping on my couch in Boise Idaho.

So earlier this afternoon I'm supposed to go and do a little chipping job for a dude that I did a couple of removals for on saturday. He was gonna do all of the clean-up himself but after one truckload he did while I was there he decided to organize it all and have me come back and chip it. That's cool I explained to him how I wanted it layed out so It wouldn't be in one giant tangled pile and what not. Well after getting all ready driving down into town to his place, no brush in site cleaned right up. I mean he could've atleast given me a call to let me know. Wasting my time and fuel, next time he calls(if he does) there will be an extra c-note going on his quote to make up for lost time. Shoot I mean what's up with people I did two other small jobs for his neighbors on saturday that turned it into a long and profitable day, everyone seemed real happy :? .

So this dude calls me today to thank me for doing the chipping and find out what he owes me for it. For half a second I thought throwing a number out :D . Says he has no idea who has done it and will ask his neighbor if she saw anything. Oh well atleast I wasn't getting screwed. 8)

That karma thing works both ways... I've never been comfortable charging for work I haven't done.

We got a job to take out 3 dead Royal Palms, went to do it and they were gone. :( About a week later, without invoicing them for the work, a check arrived in the mail for work completed. We sent the check back and told them what Darin would have, the Palm Faeries must have removed them.

Dan is in charge of the Faerie crews, right?

The chip truck got stuck twice yesterday where we dump chips. :whine: Looks like it may be time to find a new dump site.

Anyways, because of the delay didn't get to a couple jobs and we lost money by the end of the day. :X

Hate working for free!

We definitely need to get a winch on that truck. Tree Guy wants one anyways and it would be really useful. This isn't the first time he's gotten stuck. The way the guy who owns the property keeps moving the chips around he creates these horrible and muddy areas. Tree Guy spent a week dumping chips and building himself a nice road so it wouldn't happen and one day the guy just came and pushed it all apart for no real reason. I think he thought he was being helpful. I know we dump for free and all but if the guy WANTS free chips he needs to make it accessible for dumping.

Knew we should have bought a 4x4. Hard to find a 4x4 F450 though.

Interior Logging Show

I know that no one lives anywhere near me but I'm excited as all hell. There are no logger sports in this just all the latest and greatest in tree killing and processing machinery. I'm spending all afternoon there with my daughter tomorrow and will try and remember my camera.:D

More shat off of houses, calls are coming in........... I post pics soon, A "carnage" thread....:D

Atleast. Funny thing though quite a few booths this year set-up for 'financing'. Loggers are mainly the working poor/middleclass now all the big money goes to the equipment manufactures. Sucks.

Got a nice call today from a job earlier this week, just to thank me for my excellent clean-up job. Was nice to know it's apreciated I always try to go to town with the rake, it's a cheap piece of machinery to run:D . An extra 15-20min will end up being well worth it in the long run.

I agree, Squisher. A good rake up is key to a satisfied customer. Leave them absolutely no reason to complain.

yeah some times a good clean up makes up for a lousy pruning job :lol: ive heard people brag about their tree guy and i look up to lion tailed mess:)

I got pre-paid for a job earlier this month & now it's like pulling teeth to get my ass on site & complete it. Never again. I'm just the type that needs a check dangling in front of me to keep me going.
Digging out the bases of 10 Spruce trees that the landscapers overburied. Ugh.

Back