How'd it go today?

Nice, Nick. :)

Thought I'd be done with the Housing Authority's tree work today, but they added another 2 trees that I'll get tomorrow. Too bad they didn't tell me when the chipper and stump grinder were over there already (next town over in AL).

Got paid today for the work we did Thurs, fixing to head by the bank and on to class. :)

Very nice Nick! Keep that attitude and keep it payed off like that and you will indeed go far!

I had a small job scheduled this week but she called and cancled it, car troubles and needs the car more than the tee work. Felt like cude the last few days anyways. Didn't want to wake up then I found a huge black bruise on my sternum for some reason?
40-60mph winds and storms moving in. Might be a fun night!

Very nice equipment Nick!!! Hopefully within the next year I can buy a truck. Going to be saving my cash during the summer, because, like you, I don't like having payments!!

Today I was home sick with allergies. So I took a shot at splicing up a short bridge extender for my saddle. I got it finished and it looked pretty good, so I whipped it, but when I measured it when I was finished it's about 35 inches long:O. So I'm working on another one and double checking all my measurements to be sure it comes out between 28 to 30 inches.

At least tenex is cheap:D

Very nice equipment Nick!!! Hopefully within the next year I can buy a truck. Going to be saving my cash during the summer, because, like you, I don't like having payments!!

Today I was home sick with allergies. So I took a shot at splicing up a short bridge extender for my saddle. I got it finished and it looked pretty good, so I whipped it, but when I measured it when I was finished it's about 35 inches long:O. So I'm working on another one and double checking all my measurements to be sure it comes out between 28 to 30 inches.

At least tenex is cheap:D

Thanks RD, I hate making payments.

Get over those allergies so you can have a great Spring Break!

Very nice Nick! Keep that attitude and keep it payed off like that and you will indeed go far!

I had a small job scheduled this week but she called and cancled it, car troubles and needs the car more than the tee work. Felt like cude the last few days anyways. Didn't want to wake up then I found a huge black bruise on my sternum for some reason?
40-60mph winds and storms moving in. Might be a fun night!

Thanks sawin, I always love storm work!

Cover that tenex with tubular webbing to keep abrasion in check, maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion Burnham, but it's only a bridge extender to get my VT knot farther out so I can body thrust without holding on with one hand and pulling slack out with the other. So from what I know, it should be fine without the cover.

Took care of three customers today. Pruned another large leyland hedge, removed a SUPER dead white oak, and planted four cherry laurels and a holly. Felt like I was running a real company for once. :D

Had to stay on the ground today. Windy as all get out, rain, and hail.
Then got a call from my brother, my dad’s sister and brother passed away. So now I have funerals to go to Wednesday and Thursday, man I hate funerals. :cry:

Dad is a little freaked out by it. You know they say it always comes in 3's. He doesn't want to be the 3rd, or to lose anyone else. His brother and sister passed a day apart. At least they both lived in the same town. So drive up to one, spend the night and go to the other one.

Condolences Dave.

My day was better than the end of last week. Taught an arboriculture class at the College. Wen t back on the job where I blew the hydraulic line. Got more of it down but winds got too horrible for craning out the rest so I swapped out the bucket for the chip truck and cleaned up what was on the ground, got snowed on, (It was 77 yesterday) went and pick pruned some shrubs to finish off the evening.

Sorry Dave.
I had a yard clean-up and an oleander "prune" today. Removed a couple of privets also. Bunch of Sago palms and pampas grass to load up and haul away. Right now I'm grilling chicken.

Yep, 9:20 and were just about to sit down. I didn't get home until after 8:00 and my wife can't seem to do anything except smoke cigarettes unless I'm here.

Back