How'd it go today?

Check www.kbb.com for prices in you're area.
It sounds a bit high to me. I am not sue if they had the head problem fixed by then. The old 5.4's would blow the spark plug out if they were not installed tight enough. They also could be gas hogs. Some drank a lot of fuel, some didn't. The newer 3 valve motors do a lot better.

I looked up the KBB and it said $11,700 for excellent...

It has a 38 Gallon tank:lol:

No, it has two fuel tanks. One is 21 and the other is 17.

The spark plug thing isn't a big deal unless you have some ham fisted mechanic who isn't aware of the issue honking on the spark plugs. They only have about 3-3.5 threads to screw in. But they only need to be changed every 100k miles, which is good since you need to unbolt the motor mounts and raise the engine to reach the back two plugs. :O

Here's some pictures i took of it today... they weren't open and it was behind a fence...

Attachments

• IMG_0094 edit.jpg
    IMG_0094 edit.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0095 edit.jpg
    IMG_0095 edit.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0096 edit.jpg
    IMG_0096 edit.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0097 edit.jpg
    IMG_0097 edit.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 4
Sounds like you had a great trip!!

Do you know how to splice now?

Somewhat. I can do 16 strand (Hi-Vee, Blue Streak, etc) and hollow braid(tenex, ice) pretty well where I can trust my life on them. Double braid(stable braid, Blue Moon, etc) is a pain in the ass and I have a long way to go on that one. 3 strand I'm ok at also. Before I finish uploading my pics I'll grab a few of what I made.

HAH! I'm just the opposite. I found double braid simple, if time consuming. I've only successfully spliced 16 strand once, every other time I end up getting stuck halfway through the bury. I've cut off at least a dozen botched attempts before quitting. I lose 4' of rope every time I try.

Somewhat. I can do 16 strand (Hi-Vee, Blue Streak, etc) and hollow braid(tenex, ice) pretty well where I can trust my life on them. Double braid(stable braid, Blue Moon, etc) is a pain in the ass and I have a long way to go on that one. 3 strand I'm ok at also. Before I finish uploading my pics I'll grab a few of what I made.

hmmm... i might have to make some trips down to ky to get my ropes spliced from ya;)

Heck, I'd pay a grand to someone if they can change the spark plugs in MY truck.

No, it has two fuel tanks. One is 21 and the other is 17.

The spark plug thing isn't a big deal unless you have some ham fisted mechanic who isn't aware of the issue honking on the spark plugs. They only have about 3-3.5 threads to screw in. But they only need to be changed every 100k miles, which is good since you need to unbolt the motor mounts and raise the engine to reach the back two plugs. :O

I think it has one tank (see picture)

Here's the link... http://autotrader.autos.msn.com/fyc...ion=&max_price=12000&cardist=10&standard=true

Attachments

• IMG_0095 edit.jpg
    IMG_0095 edit.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 10
Back