How'd it go today?

Jason, Since I am an infrequent and light drinker I have not pursued becoming a beer connoissuer but my favorite beers are Pabst and Michelob Ultra. I like that Pabst not only tastes better but is cheaper than most common brews.

MGD, a red Coors sounds really tasty right now, and Fosters.

Cable is out, again, I'm off to bed, big day tomorow, hang out with mama and Bubba for his birthday!

Brian that sounds like an awesome job...:thumbup::beerchug: cangrats...
Sorry to hear all you both are going through Justin.. please know our prayers and thoughts are still heading out your way every day ... :)

Today went good for us ... we burned staged piles in the rain today til it got too heavy...
Got home and a call had come in for a tree on a driveway.. no clean up and got in and got out quick with the minimum charge for emergency service.. ;)
Guy is gonna have us back to buck it up and burn the brush not to mention split and move the fire wood.. and stack it come spring.
Judging by his trees.. we'll also be back for more ;)
Lady we burned today hired me to dead wooding a Ponderosa Pine and mistletoe removal from a Black Oak on her other property.... Sweet ;)
Ran into a client at the store on the way to the downed tree and got another day of clearing there and a splitter rental ;)
Down side.. I have an electrical issue in the 1 ton Ford... Replaced the alternator on the fly.. gonna try the regulator next (manana) and see what I got.. Maybe bench test the NEW battery and NEW alternator also .. might have a short somewhere... Just another day.... :D

I had to move some money around at the bank ,dug some outta the back yard ya know ;)

I've got the portable heater warming up the garage to change the thermostat on the Ranger . As my wife says "it's a tad bit nippley out there " .

Providing I get that done I'll tear into a Stihl 034 I plan on making a super cutter out of to see how bad it is . Could be FUBAR ,might not be ,time will tell .

HAha! Reminds me of a poem an old man at Asplundh used to recite:

When the weather is hot and sticky, that's no time to use the dicky.
When the frost is on the punkin', now THAT'S the time for dicky dunkin'!

Damn Justin. Best wishes from me too. Sometimes it rains, sometimes it storms... hopefully a little sunshine is in your future.

Just brought a load of wood to my bro's, my gift to him. Came home and changed the clutch rod bushing on the Ford...it's amazing how chinsy this piece is--(I broke the first putting it in). I wish they made something out of aluminum....

That's all on the agenda today, my next excitement is waiting for an item on ebay to end.

I wonder about my ford sometimes. It has been getting REALLY poor fuel mileage lately. I used to be able to get 12-15, but now I'm only getting 8-9, and it seems a little weak pulling. I can't figure what's up with it. It still does what I need it to do though.
I have Weds - Friday booked this coming week. I would have had the whole week booked, but one two-day job got nixt because homeowner lost his job. Ouch... I'm happy though. Believe it or not, this is going to be the first week in a little over a month that I've had work that wasn't subbing to someone else. FINALLY!! 8)

no. :|:

But the guy I bought it from told me that he changed the fuel filter early last summer when I asked him if I needed to put new ones in. ...I prolly do need to put a new air filter in. ....I forget.... it may have one of those K&N filters that you clean and oil. If so, I need to learn how to do that. I've never bought one of those before.

I changed the oil and oil filter though!!

Find a place to check the computer codes. Most issues will be self-diagnosed, you simply need to plug the computer in to see what it says is wrong.

Yeah. I'm just happy that I have work now, and I CAN go to shop to have it looked at. ...or at least I will be after this coming week. :)

If it's a turbo diesel, your air filter is the best first place to start. You'd be amazed how much you lose when you're pulling even a little vacuum because of the filter.

Check that air filter pronto.8)

If you buy a cleaning 'kit' for the K&N(if you have one) it'll have complete instructions on it. If you've got a normal old air filter, just give it a good blowng out from the inside out or replace it.

Dave, just double bag the bottle in ziplock bags. And call it 'spare parts' or something. Better yet, register at ups.com and print out your own mailing label. Then you can just drop it off without the third world interrogation from the clerk who wants to cut open and inspect your package if you mention any kind of liquid, especially oil.

Wagnaw.. Both air and fuel.. everyone is right on about the air filter... I am changing all my fuel filters right now also... Seems a lot of cheap fuel came through just so they could make a buck and there have been more than a few accounts of contaminated fuel being sold with all the fuel price craziness.

Back