How'd it go today?

I get paid about 5x what it'll cost me to drive there and back.

The potential buyer is in Forest Park, IL (Chicago) and wants an opinion of the vehicle.

First the mini-van, then my freedom?!?! FAWK MEE.

FWIW I turned the painting project into a 'painting party'. Which basically means I get to drink a bunch of beer with my buddies while we paint.:D

perfect.....Keg?.

dont worry, your life aint over. Just on hold for a bit:D you'll dig it soon, and you will cry like a baby when he/she is born

It's amazing how the things you least want become the most important to you, and how quickly that happens!!
I would have done anything not to have had a child, now I will do anything to protect him, and wouldn't trade that feeling for anything!!:)

...He also asked me if I was interest in doing a big job with him in April. He's got a huge generator that he's moving from Houston to Montana. I think he said it was 15' tall, 14' wide and 350K lbs. He wants me and my truck in the convoy for lifting wires, cutting tree limbs, whatever. Most of the time will be windshield time at 15-20 mph. He expects the move to take about 20 days.

He offered me $350 per day plus meals and motels, I pay my own fuel. It's not great money but it's 20 days straight of easy work. I told him I'd be happy to do it. Gonna need a laptop though, can't go 3 weeks without internet. 8)

The bucket truck or the F150?

interesting gig LJ, how'd you land that? What are you planning on doing to the vehicle to test drive it? :shifty:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLwi2Ae7uDg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLwi2Ae7uDg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/382NskzAJII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/382NskzAJII&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I got it through another forum I frequent.

He told me to "drive it however I saw fit" and to "run it through the gears" (ect). :evil:.

JAM-WR-1.jpg

And before I trecked across the country, up the country, and back home, I would fab something that would fit in the bed and allow raising traffic lights plenty high.

Tree limbs I'd scout ahead and clear them by climbing, or, tow my man lift behind it, if needed. Since he doesn't have my lift, I'd make something to lift to say 20-24' and ride in my much more comfy pickup.

I'll be sure and call Pat tonight and tell him about that wire raiser tool. After 28 years of moving houses for a living he'll finally have a way to raise wires without using his teeth. :P

Today sucked pretty hard. Backing up for recent history....Wednesday Cathy's trip to the Doctor for her 'no pasa nada" problem led straight to the ER. She managed to squeeze out a tiny urine sample at the doc's and it was brown! The NP said "go straight to the ER, expect to be admitted". We spent 4 hours at the ER, explained that in addition to the brown urine she hasn't had a real bowel movement in weeks. The did a CT scan, catheterized her and gave her one litre of saline and drew a bunch of blood. The bloody urine did clear by the end of the IV drip-The attending child/doctor came back and said her bowel was clear, she has a urinary tract infection and he was sending her home with a script for an antibiotic. The nurse was obviously astounded that Cathy was being sent home and cautioned us to come back if she didn't urinate within 3-4 hours. Cathy managed to do so and has since simply been miserable, This morning I blew a hydraulic line and had to bail from the bucket. Unfortunately I had a birds nest in my 5/16ths escape line that I didn't sort out BEFORE exiting the bucket and by the time I got on the ground I had pumped $130 of hydraulic fluid into the street. By the time I got the line repaired and the boom down it was time to take C. to her follow-up with the Doctor. They were running behind so that blew the ramainder of the afternoon. The Doctor is pretty hot that she was sent home. He suspects that she has glomerularnephritis. She has to have lab work in the morning.....unless she fails to drink and urinate in which case I am to drive her to a Pueblo, Co hospital and admit her. The week of warm weather has ended, snow is expected tonight, I have a job to finish and 2 large bags of Oil dri and 80 lbs (dry) of oil soaked kitty litter to clean up.

You guys are making my colon hurt just thinking about drinking that stuff.:D

But to each their own. We all do what we enjoy.:)8)

Back