How'd it go today?

Well I'm getting a little frusturated now. This morning the rad blew out of my plow truck, fun times, fun times. That makes brakes, front end, and new rad for the plow truck within a week and a tow and new fuel pump for my other truck in the same week.:(

This is starting to add up a bit.:what:

Today sucked ass. I had a problem with a contractor, that he could've easily made go away, but his huge ego got involved, and now I'll have tons of extra paperwork to do to fire his a$$

Then I came home to my upset wife because one of her cousins had a baby today and named it John, which happens to be my FIL's name and my grandfathers name, and the name we were going to use....:X

And yes Willie thanks for reminding a plow repair as well. This winter was going stellar, now it's getting forked up. And to top it off no snow for the last couple of weeks and none in the forecast and it's about to drop to -20 by the weekend. Yee hawwwww.:what:

Yeah... did someone beat up the contractor?

Today was ok. I just finished helping a friend do two days of invasive removal on a client's 6 acre plot. Tons of Ailanthus, roses, and privet. Wee! :what:

But things are looking up, and the phone started ringing. :D

Slash and burn... trim ups and more pretty rocks and trees exposed again today. Nice trim ups on some manzanita and toyon. A lot of poison oak removal from the trees. And the guy scheduled some more days next month.. :D

day two of a trade show, shook some hands, met some folks, got home mid afternoon. no washing dishes and getting supper ready. Wife and Bub are on the road headed home. Tomorrow and Friday I have a pruning job scheduled each day, 2 to 4 hours each, I havent done any outdoor work since mid December, I am having a hard time getting revved up for it.

Besides that its foggy and icey outside, yuck.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0043/

A bearing went out in the one ton's drive axle.

Bearings and a new seal are under $30, but they didn't have the spindle nut that fragged, nor the clip that retains the key that apparently went missing last time the axle was apart (not me).

Miller wanted $55ish bucks for the nut, but they couldn't get the retaing clip. I figured I could just tack the key in place. Anywho I did a quick google search and came across www.rockauto.com.

[Rock Auto Rant]
I go to their sight and sure enough they have the nut and retaining ring. I add them to my cart and when I go to check out I notice my cart shows 2 nuts and 2 retainers. When I selected the parts I used the drop down box to select a single part, which had a higher price. When their site changed to 2, it didn't revert to the cheaper price for 2, thus charging me an extra $4 on the nut and a buck or two on the retainer.

I call, the dude says he can do a single nut, but the retainer comes in a 2 pack. No biggy so I place the order.

I started this post to recommend Rock Auto, but when I went to my email to post an accurate price, I realized they charged me $7.15 and $8.35 for shipping. I call and say they charged me twice for shipping, he says they didn't that one part is coming from NY and the other from TX.

So, since they offered a single price, but didn't offer the parts individually (PITA) tried to charge me the single price for a qty of 2 on both parts (dishonest) and didn't tell me the shipping was from 2 locations, I cancelled the order and will pull a nut and retainer from a spare axle assembly I have.

[Rock Auto Rant/]

The dealership wants $45 for the nut and $11 for the retaining ring. A whole used axle can be had for around $100.:roll:

Went back to their website and as long as I didn't add anything else to the cart it'd let me order a single nut, so that's what I did, $30.94 delivered.

GM14 Bolt, although it shares the same spindle thread as a D60 front, 2"x16tpi.

I don't know your time frame Carl, but I can get them to you for free if you are interested?

Been working like a madman on the monster spliter trying to get it going right so it can go "BY BY" soon I hope!!!!
Torched out all the 1" plate pieces for the new push block, burnt the crap out of my hand the other day with the torch. Got it all welded up and then drilled eight 1/2" holes through 3" of steel. 1/4", 3/8" then 1/2", with a 1/2" air drill. No straight edges, and no way to clamp them all together and hold them on a drill press:cry: My shoulders hurt like HELL!!!
Last time it ran, it ran like crap, pulled the carb off and cleaned it, not as well I could/should have. It runs worse yet! Takes an hour to get the damn thing off!! Get to do it again tomorow!
I'm sick of this thing again!

Back