How'd it go today?

I stayed inside, it snowed all day here. But we only got an inch, and its almost melted away now. Its a big deal around here when it snows, schools closed and all.

I am glad you froze your arse off Bivy, today was one of those 65 days a year I don't work:P

It was 5 degree's here all day.

New truck let me down today, fuel pump gave out. Out of town on the highway to boot. Besides that things had been going well.

Yup. Limped it aways died, beat the hell out of it got it running again, but no fuel pressure to get moving.:(

It's only money right?8)

I got a flat fixed on the bucket truck this am and slew a couple of locusts, It must have been very near 70*F here this afternoon. Oh the suffering!

took public tranist to a trade show in town today, volunteered at two booths for a couple hours, attended two seminars about tree pruning/ work positioning. went to lunch with a pretty young thing and I get to go back tomorrow to do the same thing. unpaid days but the PR is important to me.

Public transit? Now that's something that I simply do not comprehend. At least around here, the only ones using public buses are the ones too poor to own a car and people without a license. The real cream of society, I'm tellin' ya. It must be different up there. Maybe due to the snow and ice, or if you're in the middle of a big city where parking is at a premium.

Anyway, I just killed my cell phone tonight. The volume button was broken and while trying to get the volume turned up I accidentally stabbed it to death with the screwdriver. Now it simply says "Insert smartchip" and doesn't respond to any input.
:(

Different strokes....I like public transportation when I can use it. It can be inconvenient at times, i.e. the waiting, but I like the casualness of not having to pay attention while driving, it puts me in a good mood. I enjoy observing how a bus driver handles his ride. Trains are cool too...clickety clack clickety clack. You can often meet groovy old people that way too. I have a car as well.

Public transit? Now that's something that I simply do not comprehend. At least around here, the only ones using public buses are the ones too poor to own a car and people without a license. The real cream of society, I'm tellin' ya. It must be different up there. Maybe due to the snow and ice, or if you're in the middle of a big city where parking is at a premium.

Anyway, I just killed my cell phone tonight. The volume button was broken and while trying to get the volume turned up I accidentally stabbed it to death with the screwdriver. Now it simply says "Insert smartchip" and doesn't respond to any input.
:(

HA! killed the phone, I love it. Might have worked out better if you used a Phillips screwdriver? :P

I live about a 5 minute walk from our 'skytrain' station, sorta a subway above ground. it takes me about 6 stations to my destination for $3.75 in about 15 minutes or so. I hate it but its better than driving 25 minutes each way and paying $20 to park for the day. I start at brentwood station and get off at stadium for another 5 minute walk.

The pretty young thing is a friend of mine that I am on a couple committees with and she likes to wear tall boots and short skirts ;) a couple years older than me but she has a good attitude and we joke a bit, no harm done.

I rebooted the phone and it's working again for now. Went to the AT&T website and ordered a 'free' replacement phone, will be here in two days. The $159 phone will cost me $18 plus a 2 year commitment on my service contract. Been with AT&T for 10 years so far, through two name changes. Two more won't kill me.

nokia6085.jpg

Nokia phones are durable and LOUD enough to hear on a jobsite. I'd prefer the same phone without the camera, but I don't think they offer phones without cameras any more. My current Nokia 6102i lasted almost 2 years and I never used the camera once. I'm too cheap to pay for email/ internet access on my phone, I like my $39 per month phone bill.

Nokia makes a good phone. I have been becoming increasingly unhappy with AT@T though. Lots of changes in policy, they pulled the corperate tech support store from my area, now everthing has to be sent in for repair, and every time I go in there is new people, that are even dumber than the last batch! They don't know half as much about the phones they are selling as I can find out with twenty min. of research on the net!
The last one that really irked me, I was about due for an upgrade, and was thinking about using it. But I bought a used phone from a freind instead for the time being. It wouldn't work on the internet side. I had to call tech support, on another phone, and get the SSN# and ID#'s to give them. Ok, twenty min. ordeal, they were nice and all. Phone works as it should, but they counted that as an upgrade!
Not happy about that one.

Killed some little live oaks.. some poison oak, mountain mahogany, buck brush, deer brush and toyon. Uncovered some awesome rocks and manzanita. And I will do it again tomorrow. Possibly burn here soon I hope. Brush piles are adding up and getting bigger.
The Ford is running well and this is good :D

A great day for logging beech trees!
Blue sky and frosty air with no wind.
I had the first three big ones on the ground, limbed and bucked before the sun stuck it's nose above the horizon.
Amazing what putting the chain on the right way will do for one's productivity:)

Back