How'd it go today?

Today was cool, My son wanted to play paintball for his birthday so we took six hormone spitting adolescents to the paintball place and bought a lotta paint. They had a great time, raised welts on each other and I took some pictures.

I went paintballing for my bro in laws stag, haha wife was standing with the ref videotaping everything. I got in trouble for running about 20 feet, diving over a log behind another log and barrel rolling to a crouch then putting the gun over the log and shooting blindly toward the 'fort' my team was trying to overtake. The rest of the team just ran after the start whistle to one place to hide and take pot shots at the 'fort'. There is audio on the tape from the ref asking her if I always acted like Rambo :D

As for what I did today... well I got up late, showered watched the boy for a few hours while momma went to the barn to teach and ride her horse then I went to the computer store, bought a new hard drive and norton 2008. I also installed Office 2003 that I downloaded yesterday from Bit torrent, works like a charm :)

polarded a young sycamore for the 3rd year in a row. got the rest of my driveway "in compliance" with the city i think. find out tommorrow

Worked on refinancing the house and went to bid that decided they didn't want a bid but forgot to tell me.

I can't feel too bad they wanted a mostly dead cottonwood trimmed. I told them that when they do want a quote they shouldn't waste their money on a trim.

I drove Haley to school this morning and our new car comes with free satellite radio for three months. They have a channel that only plays ACDC so we started our day with It's a Long Way To The Top. Haley said the music was loud but quickly said no when I asked if I should change stations. The station played a Bon Scott song and then a Brian Johnson song and then kept alternating. Back in Black is one of the best albums of all time but Bon Scott still rules. There's just no comparison. I'll let Haley make her own decisions on the matter though,

some times people ask me to prune a tree thats shot i just bid to remove it instead. i also tell them the longer it sits there dead the more it costs

Old Monkey, my all time favorite ACDC song is Jailbreak. Old Bon groans that one out something fierce.

my fave part of the song is the wicked pause and dragging out of the phrase ' ...with a bullet in his back!"

Back to work,so much for temporary retirement :(

Tom the tree guy came out for another load of oak,nasty weather moving in and the old boy buried all his seasoned stuff in his pile . I'm going to have to tuter him better I think .:lol:

Today hasn't started, but yesterday was good. My son was busy filling out a college application (come ON scholarship) and I got pulled out to help with some firewood and the 'new' woodsplitter. 'New' to me, anyway....I've never watched it (or any other) in use.

Very cool....or at least it was after I took over the controls and left the wood handling to Mike. I could definitely get used to that! :D

My dreams last night were full of gorillas and a bad back. I wonder if it was all related.

Bit of sanding done already this morning and now it's looking like maybe a couple or few days off. Gonna finish painting up a playroom in the basement for my kiddo today, we did most of it together last night. :)

I'm just going to stay on the homestead here and try to knock down the honeydew list a little before the snow flys again.8)

Just got a call back from the CAT dealer. They can't get my chipper to NOT run properly. :X

...It must like me the best or something. :roll:

haha, hate it when that happens. ill be off to do some dead wood and mistletoe. and if im quick enough maybe weight reduction on a modesto ash

Just got a call back from the CAT dealer. They can't get my chipper to NOT run properly. :X

...It must like me the best or something. :roll:

:whine:
Wag, you might have to schedule a crane, arrange for a power feed drop, and get a permit to close the street in front of the CAT dealership. That'll fool the chipper into acting up for the mechanic.

:lol:

I'm COLD and TIRED!!!! It wasn't supposed to be this cold today!! I left at 7am 8 deg., stopped for gas, 11 deg., drove 100 miles, 11 deg.?
Busted out a nice load of wood, pics latter, by myself. Going to have to fine a new area to cut, I have now cleaned out the "honey hole":cry: (This is when I will start to get stuck)

That bucket will spoil even the best of climbers! :lol:

Another good day for me today. I worked again, took down a fat oak in a restaurant parking lot and about 1/3 over the primaries. I got to work out my 395xp on the trunk, it had some meat to it. Started at 8:30 and had it on the ground by 11. I hung around to dice up wood and load all the big stuff in the truck. Finished by 1 then I went and did two other cash jobs! I made more money in the last 2 days than I did all last month!

And I just got a call from my house moving guy. I haven't heard from him in almost two years, but he has another house move this coming weekend (Sunday morning) and needs me to ride on the roof and cut tree limbs out of the way as we ride down the road. I'm also going out Thursday to cut down a couple trees on the lot where the house is going.

Did some chipping early this morning on the driveway I am helping clearing. Did some cutting, and stood around alot. Tommorrow gotta chip some more, then order new blades...:X

Back