How'd it go today?

Remote start would be pretty handy on cold mornings.

I had an easy one. Got my day rate for taking down one tree from the ground and teaching another guy how to climb on gaffs. I never got more than 10' off the ground. To top it off the customer, a restaurant owner, laid out a glorious spread of Carolina BBQ, slaw,tater salad, beans and pound cake. It's the fourth time I've been with this crew and been served a nice lunch by the customer. It doesn't happen with anybody else.

I wish they were all that easy.

Nice truck, Squish! Too nice for a tree guy...

Do you have disclaimers in your plow contracts? Mine is full of 'em.

I always thought remote start would be great if someone was out to get you. You could look out the kitchen window, and if it didn't go boom, you were good to go. Not that I've got anyone out to get me, just a thought.

Last edited:
Nice truck, Squish! Too nice for a tree guy...

Do you have disclaimers in your plow contracts? Mine is full of 'em.

Don't worry I'll beat the living crap out of it soon enough.:D

As for the slip and fall. Ya this site is only sanded by request. They phoned and requested sand, I had my dad on it and it took him a few hours to get ther sooooo. I'm not gonna worry about it until I know all the details of the where and how and the extent of the injury straight from the horses mouth. Things have a tendency to exagerrated I find. And worst case scenario if there's a legitimate claim, insurance will pay up and so be it.

Mr. Shepard, I like the way you think.8)

day was fine, watched Bub for a couple hours (he napped for most of it ;) ) fed him some lunch, had some lunch myself, now finishing a backup to my portable drive, downloading a ripoff copy of Office 2003 and a movie called Gia. Leaving as soon as the backup is done to go see the inlaws and fight with my pops in law's computer again, then supper, stay over and come home tomorrow.

action packed days I tell ya whut. :)

Still waiting for the phone to ring... So, my brother and I went and did some volunteer tree work at the Wolf dog rescue place over the mountain. The lady needs to put a perimeter fence in and a perimeter fire road in case of forest fires coming through. So we're working on cutting a 30ft wide path the whole way around her 17 acre property (at our leisure really). We got about 100 yard done today, just my brother and me. Tons of rhododendron and small trees... nothing bigger than 20".

Tweeked and twittered a few saws today .Hauled in some fire wood .Tom the tree guy stopped out from delivering a load of firewood . I drank some Bud ,others chose other forms of relaxation . Not a bad day for the middle of the snow belt in the big corn field in the dead of winter .:|:

Still can't get over this stomache crud!
Finished up the wood, not much, and I was done. Tonight was the wifes work "holiday party", free booze and all. Didn't even feel up to that.

got the crummy from my wife:( took the bucket truck to my buddies so he could pressure wash the high parts of his house

Two kids through day care, kindergarten and 1st grade... I was sick almost half the time. But now, I have god's own immune system. I almost got a wee bit of a cold last year but it didn't even last overnight.

Today was cool, My son wanted to play paintball for his birthday so we took six hormone spitting adolescents to the paintball place and bought a lotta paint. They had a great time, raised welts on each other and I took some pictures.

I'm thinking about starting a thread on it, but not tonight. Ya'll should leave me alone so I can go to sleep.

Brushed out some more of a property we have been on monthly for about a year now... I really need to take some pictures. It is really coming out nice and the homeowner is just joyous. We now have permission to start her other property that was in the fire zone this last year. :D Sold her some tree work in the future also .... She is having me do mistletoe removal here and there aside from the brushing. I also have now 5 TD's over time for her. 3 are field drops and the other two are climbs. One has to be rigged from over a roof. I hope this keeps up. Then it could be a good year :)

Two kids through day care, kindergarten and 1st grade... I was sick almost half the time. But now, I have god's own immune system. I almost got a wee bit of a cold last year but it didn't even last overnight.

Today was cool, My son wanted to play paintball for his birthday so we took six hormone spitting adolescents to the paintball place and bought a lotta paint. They had a great time, raised welts on each other and I took some pictures.

I'm thinking about starting a thread on it, but not tonight. Ya'll should leave me alone so I can go to sleep.

awesome:lol:

Got up before sunrise and saw that the moon was bright and HUGE. It is supposed to be at its closest it ever gets to us.

Decided to walk out back to the woods where I have been pushing the brush line back. The fire from yesterday still had coals so I built a fire and watched the moonset and the sunrise. Beautiful clear morning with fresh sparkly snow and 18*. No wind made it very pleasant.

Back