How'd it go today?

But you go alot further on a gallon of diesel, dude!

With the price difference on purchase of the truck and the price difference at the pump and the price difference with maintenance or repairs. I'm not sweating it none. I never keep trucks long enough to realize the 'long term' benefits.

Willie that sure sucks, I hope our regional district never comes after me. Think a neighbor complained?

not an immediate neighbor but likely someone did. ill ask when he calls me back tues. if i build a huge shop and park it all inside id be legit:roll: i asked them if the city wanted to buy my place from me:D

if i can get a permit for a 12.5 foot high fence:roll: they dont want to be able to see the trucks from the road. i could tear out my carport and shop and park around back to but its not worth it. got a place 1/2 or 3/4 mile down the road for $30 a truck a month. probably best in the long run

That sucks willie. When we were younger one of my neighbors told the town we were running a body shop, my brother did auto body to his own car in weekends and the guy didn't like hearing the compressor. Ironically he runs a mason business, A john deere hoe, medium dump truck, pickup, trailer, compressor is what he stores at his house. Luckily the dust settled now and I have my shit here. It helps that we are 500'+ off the road up and over a hill, so you can't see a damned thing.

I just got home from the condo job, I can't go a day there without getting yelled at by some old person. She was mad I threw rakings in the woods, "I have to clean that you know". Bullshit you do, it's in the woods....go back in the window.

Of course I didn't say it, just gave her the OK signal and pointed to my ear muffs.

ah, I usually give them a grin, a thumbs up then tap the earmuffs and turn back to work. Sometimes I throw in a 'huh?" shrug, palms up.

:thumbright:

Did the pruning Job. In and out in four hours, which I thought was pretty good given that the chipper broke again, and we had to toss everything in the truck and dice it to make it all fit. :X

I'll post pics when I find my damn camera cord.

That's chipper is killin' me. I know everyone says this, but that thing works perfectly when things are really chill or I don't really need it. ...but whenever we're almost finished a big job, have the homeowner right there, or just closed down a street downtown trying to get a job done lickity split, it quits. :whine:

So... I just dropped it off at the CAT dealership in Asheville. It's definitely an engine problem, so I'll see if they can figure it out. I'm at my wits end with that thing.

Doctors appointments with the kids today and then CPS. A friend of the family went off the deep end with his kid and hit him at school. SO he is in jail on charges and we are stepping up to take the kid as foster parents. He is already Wyatt's (Rob's Son) best friend and we have him here a lot. This will keep him more out of the system if we step up. I will be back later.

What ever happened to just duking it out, shaking hands, and leaving it at that?

Well... He hit his son with witnesses at the school for a bad grade and not being told. Son has concussion. The problem I have with all this is he is going to be charged with a terrorist act because he made threats to school personnel. I think spouting off angrily when your mad should not be a terrorist act. I do feel cracking your son on the head and giving him a concussion is definitely grounds for child abuse... Sorry. JMHO

Well... He hit his son with witnesses at the school for a bad grade and not being told. Son has concussion. The problem I have with all this is he is going to be charged with a terrorist act because he made threats to school personnel. I think spouting off angrily when your mad should not be a terrorist act. I do feel cracking your son on the head and giving him a concussion is definitely grounds for child abuse... Sorry. JMHO

That's crap, all of it. Hitting your own son hard enough to give him a concussion... because he had a bad grade? No doubt the kid wouldn't want to tell him if he reacts like that... the man needs long term help.

But, being charged as a terrorist when that's a clear mis-application of the law... bloody hell! I wish they'd disband Homeland Security, what a frikkin boondoggle. Around here if you fire a semi-auto firearm within city limits you're charged with using a weapon of mass destruction... a WMD?!! It's a felony offense with a mandatory minimum sentence. I can cause more mass destruction with baseball bat than I can with my 10/22. The word 'Homeland' grates on me every time I hear it.

I was busted for a cig cellophane with less than a gram of pot way back when, and they charged me separately for my little dogwood pipe so they could make 2 counts... which makes it a felony in Alabama. I had to defend felony convictions in city AND county courts (they had some reason why it wasn't double jeapardy) and they impounded my car. The only bright spot was they didn't find the bag under the seat with the rest of my pot in it.
Assholes.

Exactly what we are saying here... We'll keep the kiddo (he's 14 so we will only have him max 4-5 years) you get help and serve the time for the abuse. The terrorist thing really pisses me off. I mean hitting his son pisses me off... But senseless charges that can ruin this guys life while he is trying to get back on the straight and narrow... Let alone the extra sentence. Homeland Security Act SUX. Just a reason to take our rights away.

That's some brutal news, good on ya for taking the kid in.

Got a call this evening about a slip and fall at one of my plow sites. Broken leg, so we'll see how it progresses I guess. Luckily I'm in Canada and it's not so easy to sue for things like that. Here gross negligence has to be proved, as well as proving you weren't being grossly negligent in looking out for your own well being. I haven't got any facts from the horses mouth yet just hearsay so I'll know more in the next couple of days.

I'm gonna have a beer and pray it doesn't snow tonight. If it doesn't one of our other trucks is sanding tomorrow morning and I'll actually be able to have a morning off.8)

Speaking of falling.. We finally found out who fell 40 feet out of a tree here recent. Happened on Dec. 31st. One of the landscapers called here to ask if it was me fell out of a tree, so that's how we found out about it. Ran into the guy (the one that fell) at the bank.. Saw us coming in the door to the bank and stopped us. He said "Boy I wish I knew of you guys sooner, I was the guy that had to be medivac'd out due to a 40 foot fall out of the tree." He looked about 70ish. Seems he was free climbing and removing mistletoe. Gave him a card and told him be careful, just happy your ok, and please let us guys with the right tools do it :) Then he said "I think it was just God pushing me out of the tree. When they took the x rays, they found growth on my liver. So God saved me by pushing me out of the tree." Told him I could not compete with that thought, but I will be happy to do his trees for him in case God decides to push him again.. LOL

Still sick. Sick of this crap!! Been cutting and splitting and moving wood in the backyard. I built a gate today, moved all the wood that was split, unloaded the rest of the trailer then cut and split most of it. Sucks when youve got the runs!
Went and looked at log splitters this evening. Wife told me I need to just buy one and cut the retards out completly.
I still need to build a gate on the backside so I can come off the main road and pull the truck and trailer right in the backyard to cut and split it without the city having a come apart.
About ready to pass out now, everything hurts and I want to puke!

Hope you feel better soon Andy. Once ya own a splitter Andy ... You will ask yourself why you never had one before :)

I've owned many Stephan, and built total ignorance! Every time I used it it broke! WAY over powered and under engineered! I have most of the crap lyig around to build another one, just no desire and too much other crap to do/build!
I just need something that works and works now!

Here's a pic from the ad of my new to me truck. One bonus I figured out as soon as I got home was the dude didn't know it had factory remote start in it. I read the manual for two minutes and took the truck out of service mode and presto remote start!8)

Attachments

• 902946h_20.jpg
    902946h_20.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 5
Back