How'd it go today?

Man Jim. What an adventure!

Funny about the airbags Fiona. Airbags kind of scare me, but I guess you'd hope they went off in an accident.

No, this was from my buddy Doc, when he lived in Iowa.

A candle down here would be too hot!!!

Well, that's a given. He said you have to have all that emergency stuff in the vehicle all the time or you just might DIE.

He also said deer was the biggest commute worry.

You are a good man, Jim. Likely saved their lives.

Speaking of blizzards and massive amounts of snowfall got me thinking of lemons and lemonade. Knowing how dry things will get latter in the year,

Great work, jim.

I was thinking along the same lines as Dave, not re bulldozing a pile, but with all the snow now, it should help matters come summer, re water issues.

I used to doze up the snow to the middle of the yard.

This winter, I have been building a pile on the west side. Big pile the kids can slide down.

The upside? It will melt and help fill the pond next to the house.....which supplies our house water.

Used to just run it down the creek.....now I will put it to use.

I am not sure what those college kids had in mind, but they were really stuck. No one in a pickup could have gotten to them...or a tow truck for that matter.

They could have possibly walked over to my folks place....about 1.5 miles as the crow flies. Over 2 miles to my place.

Would have been damn tough walking! Probably would have played out.

I am a little disappointed that our dispatcher did not recognize the seriousness of the situation. I found them by accident.

I reckon dispatch should have at least told a deputy.

You pay more attention to things when the weather is shitty.

Just look for things that are out of the ordinary. I say I found those kids by accident, but I had actually seen them from a long way off and had decided to check it out.

Its good to have your field glasses with you.

Jim, I think the way that folks think when living out in the country is a major factor in you checking out those kids.

We are used to being dependant on each other when the shit hits the fan, so we look after each other differently from those who live in big cities.

When I had my little encounter with the man with the scythe, I don't think I would have come out of it alive, if my neighbours hadn't helped out.

In 1999 we had a major storm while I was in California.
My x-wife ran up to the neighbours and told them the roof was blowing off the barn.
They had a family dinner going with lots of people, and everybody just stood up, came down and set to nailing in whatever lumber I had laying around, to hold the roof down.

I was coming home one night after a fire call and saw a pickup parked just off the road. I stopped.....looked out of the ordinary.

Couple of teenagers in the bed of the pickup.......

They said they were just looking at the stars, thinking about their friend that had been killed in a car wreck the week before.

I was familiar with the wreck I said. Did not tell them that I had zipped the body in the bag........

Told them to park over the hill so no one would see them....it was my land and no one would bother them.

Sometimes I can be too helpful!

I feel like a broken record on here. More plowing, more snow. The local radio was saying this morning that last year at this time of year all the snow had melted in town. We've got feet around still and more in the forecast to boot.

Ships used to take ice around the world 150 years ago. Shouldn't be too hard to put some snow in a reefer van today.

I will give you...

one-million-dollars-tqnsjl.jpg

Snow is overrated.

We did some nice easy oaks and a birch prunes, drug brush by hand for the first time in many moons. I don't miss as much as I thought I would.

Back