How'd it go today?

Spent a 1/2 day at the course today. A little mowing, dropped & cut up a couple dead Ash, cut up the dead Cottonwood Nic and I dropped last Sat.

Nice easy day. More to do Monday...shouldn't complain but I'm ready to be done there and start getting more done around here before the snow flies.

It was tasty, but the burger seems to get smaller every year.

In an unrelated note, my guys and I ate and drank at Hooters in Manhattan on wednesday, my first time there. In a nutshell, it was freaking awesome...!! Beer googles are so damn fun!:D

We went in to take part in some festivities as part of the huge UFC 205 card in NYC Saturday night. It was a total, um, Hoot.

My first day involved in rebuilding a suspension bridge that cars can drive across over a madly flowing river. Way way out in the boonies up in the mountains at the entrance to a hot spring inn. Cable rated at fifty tons is some heavy stuff.

Pretty interesting, Dave, it sure teaches how you could build one yourself on a smaller scale if you needed something like that. Tearing the old structure apart isn't so much fun. Lots of old wood, but still pretty solid. Steel braces supported by the cable beneath the heavy beams and bedding, it all has to come out.

I didn't precisely measure the cable, Squish, but looks to be about an inch and a half in diameter. The bridge must be 40-50 meters long. I figure to be up there about ten days with the all and all.

Off to my first show as a participant tomorrow, Festival of Roses at 'Woolmers' Heritage property. Going to be next to my mate Eddie Freeman the chainsaw carver. I have a spot under a nice oak, going to set up a climbing and rigging system. Got the ute set up for a display of tools, portable vice on the tailgate for a sharpening demo, some dissected logs and branches, a few things to sell and a whiteboard that will say "Ask me about...followed by some ideas.
Only bummer is rain is forecast, got a big tarpaulin ready to set up...
Hope to hand out lots of business cards, looking forward to it!

Good show!

I'm sitting in Simcoe hospital with my little girl, she was complaining about a bad ear ache, and she's had problems with her ears often.
Waiting for her mom to show up, may be a couple hours.

Sorry to read this Peter. Hope she gets feeling better quick.

dagnabit, the Mulberries let loose this morning...3 hours of falling leaves and they're pretty much denuded...amazing how they lose them all at once like that.

Best of luck there Peter. Fingers crossed for her.

Waved goodbye to my little chipper after 13 years of service. Got £2900 so all those years of servicing and generally keeping it together have paid off.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 37
Good show!

I'm sitting in Simcoe hospital with my little girl, she was complaining about a bad ear ache, and she's had problems with her ears often.
Waiting for her mom to show up, may be a couple hours.

My 8 year old gets ear aches real easy. There's an old home remedy with genitian violet, witch hazel, and a few other ingredients. I'll find the exact recipe for it if you'd like. But it'll knock an ear ache out in no time

Never heard of it.

I just wait till the infection goes away naturally. My doctor pissed me off years ago so now I just wait till what ever ails me goes away on its one, usually to the detriment of my health.

Just the price you pay for being the most stubborn person in three counties.

Back