How'd it go today?

The thumb wrap is of no concern as long as everything is going to plan. It's when that unexpected kick back occurs that you want to make sure you've got as much grip on that handlebar as possible. Prevention is the best plan, but sooner or later everyone gets 'surprised' by the saw. Espescially important when you're up into a good sized saw like a 461. That size of saw is a beast imo. A pleasure to use because of the power, but also plenty of oomph to get ugly on you.

I really enjoy your photos and vids.

Nice video Sam.

A couple HO's decided to take this cedar down. I guess after bending in the roof of the shed and nearly tearing off an eaves trough this job is too big for them. As my little girl says "easy peasey lemon squeezey". Solo so I had to firewood it down till my 16" bar wouldn't do it any more.

IMG_20161110_102034.jpg

IMG_20161110_123218.jpg

Man, you guys are all TCOB!

This thread, and work pictures are about the only thing that makes me miss working in the trees. Why I don't hang in them too often.

Spent a couple hours helping a buddy pour & screed a small pad today. Kind of fun...been about 35 years since I've done any concrete work.

There's a zen story about a priest that became enlightened when raking the leaves. I've raked my share for sure, but still am caught up in worldly cares.

well, I raked and carried barrels until my arms and legs became enlighten and called it for the day...going to take a few weeks to finish anyway. I'm just hoping ot get the Maples picked up before the Mulberries let loose.

Man, you guys are all TCOB!

This thread, and work pictures are about the only thing that makes me miss working in the trees. Why I don't hang in them too often.

Spent a couple hours helping a buddy pour & screed a small pad today. Kind of fun...been about 35 years since I've done any concrete work.

In my experience, 35 year intervals is just about right for concrete work.

Good video Sam.

Peter, the one man band TCOB. Peter, what are you moving material with, from tree to truck. A dolly/ hand truck?

HO clean up.
Usually dolly, going to weld up something one day.

My f350 is down.... need a rad. :(

Have you seen the pictures of the cheap( in -house for you, a welder) mod on my hand truck? Way more versatile with "horns" on the blade, and a little log cradle near your hands.

Back