How'd it go today?

Thanks Jay! John Deer green industrial enamel.

Nice looking job and shop.

Whats up with feed motor work?

Is that your fine shop?

It's the company shop Cory. I just use it with impunity. haha

The upper stator motor had a loose coupler to the feed wheel shaft. There wasn't any taper pin left to tighten it up, so I ordered a new one. Good as new. Pretty simple, beefy machine.

Ooohhhh...nice paint job!
My skills don't stretch to that, might have to pay someone to do mine, I'd love a new coat of paint.

Great post....thanks. Working to get mine painted, too. I did treework for a friend that is a body man...he owes me a paint job. Probably be dark green. Like seeing the process.

Thanks Gary! Degreasing and masking off all the stickers took the longest. . . I just used an angle grinder on the rust spots and hit them with some primer.

Going to tackle the shoot today 8)

You'll have it looking like new in no time. Good to see you're getting everything fixed and done before putting it to work. Now you got me realizing how bad mine looks. Hmmm. What color do I really want?

So, today.

Put the summer furniture in the barn, it's really cooling down here so preparing for winter. Cleaned the old chipper and took some more pics for the guy who's collecting it next week.

Prepared the saws for the week ahead, walked the dog, watching the footy on the telly, waiting for 6pm for the first glass of wine.

Roast chicken being prepared, all going to plan!

Usually mild and wettish Jim, we've had -15 here a couple of years ago, but normally it doesn't stay below zero for more than a few days.

Not if I can help it, but over the last year or two I have taken on some debt for new stuff, plus have a full time employee so there's more rain work needed.

In all honesty I could have soldiered on with payed up gear and paying cash to casuals, which meant I could have stayed on the sofa when it was raining, but I got a bit bored. I needed to move forward and give myself a bit of fear to make things interesting.

My only concern about debt is my own health, I'm the only climber so I don't need long term wear and tear stoppages.

I could probably get a very decent climber from the UK but its difficult to adapt to life over here.

It's very boring in comparison to the UK. Very rural, pubs are rubbish, everything's shut, except on Sunday when it's double shut.

If you don't speak French and you're single it's a difficult transition. (Trust me on that one!)

Thats too bad about the pubs, but I know EXACTLY what you mean.

People always have the same reaction when the come visit. There is nothing to do!

Sure there is......get married to the first woman that will speak to you, have a bunch of kids and drink at home by yourself!

I could probably get a very decent climber from the UK but its difficult to adapt to life over here.

Is it true the french are asshole?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i3o5SB1CfgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It has its compensations, I'm a farm boy so don't mind it too much, it's quiet, next to no crime, my workshop is next door in the barn, I can tip and burn the arb stuff on my property, we can walk out the front gate and walk the dog on any number of picturesque trails, we have a nice house. She has a good job at her brothers firm, company car etc.
Everything is a compromise.

Back