How'd it go today?

Haha! Yes, I think you add those numbers.

Man, I cant believe you have to put up with that crap.

What kind of attack music do you play?

I would think that horrible stuff Ed listens to would be good attack music. Electronica might spoil the "wild west" theme.

Actually some heavier Sam Bush & New Grass Revival...(could be coming soon to a video near you) 8)

I considered some insane clown posse or something but don't think I could stand it myself:lol:

Give em hell Dave! Put in two sets of ear plugs, plus muffs and play some Celine Dion. That'll teach them.

Did a nice maple removal this morning. We did a pretty hard reduction on it three years ago to give it a chance. It was rotted out pretty bad. He finally said put it out of its misery. Then went to remove a big hanging section off of a service line. Dropped off the chipper and bucket truck and grabbed the bobcat and went back to clean up the stump grindings from the first job. Home by 3:00. It's pretty nasty out with the heat and humidity so I'm hiding in the air conditioning for a few hours.

I almost forgot. I got around to rebuilding the cylinders on my nieghbors bobcat last night. He put them back on today. I might mosey on over and check it out. This was the first time I've attempted it so I'm kinda worried.

I've had a hot week as well. Tires you out, especially at my age. Led to too much vino last night, so..... Bit hungover! Didn't work today, friends over from Australia, bit of pricing, collecting money.

Good luck with the cylinders Rich.

Well poop. no on came over to complain..I was really hoping they would, but I think they knew better.

It was loud enough that I had to use my earmuffs...safety first. 90 some degrees and sunny here and every widow went shut on this side of the train...bet they got a bit warm in them old passenger cars.

Done for the day and everything is put away. I took a video, but for some reason it didn't save on the camera...go figure.

Dayum

Had a black walnut stump grind this morning, a hot one in the sun. Picked up a mesh tarp for the dump and a job for it monday morning.

Ice cream fest in Simcoe.

Changed the door locks on the ford dump, now I can lock the cab. $90 later.... even scrap yards didn't have any locks. Kinda why I'm a chevy guy, parts fit across a wide range of vehicles.... but I will give ford a chance.
Found a few broken vacuum lines in the truck as well.

I had a fine day, yesterday.
We are having a heat wave here, much to the chagrin of all those Danes who bought vacations in sunny Tyrkey, in order to escape the shitty weather at home and ended up in a failed ( Unfortunately!) military coup.
So it is too hot to ride in the middle of the day and the horse flies are real bad.
( Mad dogs and Englishmen and all that)

So the mail order bride said she was going riding at sunup.
Fool that I am, I said to wake me up and I'd go along.
Sunup here is at 4 AM.

Now, here is some sage advice for all you unmarried men out there.
Beget thee a wife from a country where women are taught to respect their husbands.
I was woken up at 4.00 AM, to a cup of hot tea and a curried and saddled horse.

Had a lovely ride in the cool morning air in the forest together.

Now I only need to figure out how to make her wear a full chador and life will be good:lol:

Haha! Sounds good.

Myself I'm a bit bummed, hydraulic cyclinder on the dump spurt out oil fully extended from the top end, only did it twice. A brake fluid leak at the rear cyclinder and some unseen body work that needs to be done, not big. Kinda sucks, have a job lined up for it tomorrow.

Funny thing, Peter.
Every time machinery fails, we always " Have a job lined up for it tomorrow".
Sucks big time.

Damn Stig 4am! Shit it'll be 30+ degrees today and we'll be roping in it. Well atleast my wife will. My rope horse is down lame with some strained muscles. So I'm downgraded to the 1/2 Arab who I've been riding all this last week. To his credit I can swing and throw a rope off of him on the drag dummy but at this point in the game live steers would be inviting a train wreck so I'm having to step back a bit.

Man, I would sooooo much like to do that again.
Oh, well. This evening when it cools of I'll be doing my weekly trail ride with my oldest and best friend.
Talking things over and looking for Boletus mushrooms while working on setting the horses into a right or left foot gallop from stand still.
I love it, but to be honest, I'd rather do whar you are doing.

It's frustrating me to step back. I was just reaching the point where I was starting to get some consistency and was thinking I could look to start competing at more then 'toonie ropings'(basically a practice session where everyone antes up $2 so the top header and heeler basically cover their practice fees).

A good friend/neighbour of ours just went to a large roping last night and we heard he took second header. Waiting to talk to him this morning to get the scoop.

To toot my own horn a bit I'm doing super well for my first season of roping and despite being left handed I've developed a really strong/consistent swing. Nugget and I were really starting to come on strong at our last few practice sessions even though he was running injured, as we know now.

My plan now is to sandbag everyone by working extra hard on my swing and horsemanship skills with our 1/2 Arab and skip the practice pen until nugget is better. And then show up,with a vengeance! :D

Back