How'd it go today?

Slow. Lol. Runs aren't timed at practices. And for the 'toonie ropings' it's based purely on catches a slick(healer catches both rear feet) trumps a single. Slicks advance to the second round first, and singles run if no slicks catch and on and on until there's a winner. And everyone ropes together once on the first round. It's a way to run a practice if a lot of people show up but makes it harder to get any work done.

Wife talked to my neighbour and he made a tidy little sum last night for second. I'm super happy for him, he was pretty stoked. I'll find out what his time was for you when I chat with him.

I don't want to mislead, in 'tooting my own horn' earlier. I have along ways to go but I was starting to put strong runs together in every 'toonie roping' I've been in so far I've been in the lead after the first round(most slicked up runs) each time. But I 'choke' on the 2nd round and haven't been able to clinch my $20 or so earnings. Lol. A lot of roping involves some luck. Both the header and the healer have to do well, and all the steers are slightly different. Some run hard and it's harder and harder to focus and execute the faster it's all going.

I'm really having a fun time with the journey of it. All this work with my right hand is making me quite mor ambidextrous then I ever have been.

Really bummed out to be on the sidelines right now but practice time with the drag dummy is invaluable still to build muscle memory so that when I get back to the steers and speed it all up and pressure up I'll still be able to do what I need to.

I fully suspect when I start competing my first few real ropings will be just a donation of my funds in order to get my feet wet. I'm still so green sometimes I can barely stand myself. But I'm putting in the time and training smart. I take riding lessons once a week still and ride 5-7days a week still too. For longer then I can recall now. I'm sure part of nuggets injury is my overusing him. I've worked him hard this spring and really had him muscled up nice. He had a fall in our trailer that caused the initial injury I think, but my hard riding of him probably aggravated it.

Horses. Lol.

After three years of planning and preparation, we finally got a few saw blocks back to the shop. 5.4 ton, and 6.5 ton. P&H will probably pick 25 tons (we picked a scaled 30,800 with the dipper and cylinder still on easily), and we think the Pettibone (yellow fork lift)will lift almost ten.

IMG_20160723_153650033_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160723_152434007_HDR.jpg

I am glad you are enjoying yourself Justin. I may be an actual, real life cow man, but I cant throw a rope to save my life. You'll have to teach me someday! All sorts of shit to rope out here.

Nice iron.

Of course I obviously know;), but for the unwashed among us, what is a saw block?

There is a wire saw against the end of the building. It will saw at least a 25 ton block of marble. These blocks will be turned into assorted architectural forms.

Dave, grave stone masons used to be very common around my parts, but now quite a lot fewer with the foreign imports, and people nowadays often less inclined to want to go to the expense for their relatives. One is still close by though. I've watched them cut the big stones that get flooded by water as the big blade progresses. It's like watching paint dry. Second or third generation that place, I suggested he get a laser to put the line where his cut will be, but all the stone dust over the years has made him a hard headed person himself. His wife does the polishing, tedious working through the abrasive grits. I like her, a very level headed woman.

Jim, my neighbour took second with a best three combined runs of 33 point something or other seconds.I believe atleast one of those runs had a five second penalty due to the heeler only catching a single. Apparently a 14 and 16 year old team came in and took first by a decent margin, but don't know their time. Always nice to get schooled by kids. Lol.

Sounds like a blast Justin!

Anyway, dropped my dump off for it's first repairs. Brake fluid leaking out of the rear drum. Shop who did the safety said it was no worry for me..... had work lined up for it but turned out to be a shop day. With the on/off rain a little tree job has been put off. I finally got rid of a 2001 Buick in my drive way I wasn't driving any more (a bit too much work needed on it). And had a few customers pick up their motors and such. Had only one stump grind over the weekend. Found a fuel line pulled off my stumper. It's in a locked back yard. Strange.

Anyway off to do more work in the shop.

Picked up the truck, new rear brake cylinder, no charge to me. Yes!

Overheat engine on the 10km drive from simcoe to waterford! Nooooo!

Broke oil filler cap adding oil, rad cap was bad and no oil pressure reading on the dash.....

At leasr my GF lives across the road from Partners.

1469485864127.jpg

Southwest Sydney has the lot, you don't see much skin there.

Drove my truck from Waterford to Brantford. Didn't over heat this time! Upper rad hose was pressurized unlike last night..... Stopped off at a friend's place In Boston, and noticed a steady drip of coolant from the rad. :(

Down at Long Point the mexican mennonites will come to the beach, all dressed up in their best clothes, whole family of 12 or so, walk up to the edge of the water, look around for a minute, turn around and leave. I always thought those kids were dying to go for a swim. They never go for a swim.

I guess that's a dumb question since, that's where Sydney is. But I didn't know it would have so much of that.
I guess I think of it as a swimsuit place or something.

Back