How'd it go today?

Took the wife to dinner for her birthday last night, was able to have a baby sitter so it was pretty nice time one on one. Now I get to pack up to go back north for a few days. Might be the last trip for a while since she's getting closer to having the baby. Then I'll have to set the world on fire lol

Pass a good time! :beer:

I found my best friend from grade school today on FB... pretty cool. We haven't seen each other since the 7th grade!

I did a half day helping the mechanic. I now know why it's takes so long for him to fix things. His phone is constantly going off with someone having an issue with some piece of equipment. Such a headache. Then home to pick up the wife and kids and then off for baby's check up. All is good.
Walked over to the nieghbors to pay him for some parts for his bobcat. Basically if I want to use it, I need to fix it first. No big deal. Got to tearing apart a cylinder since the seal kit has been sitting there for two weeks only to find out he had the wrong kit. Left a message with the service manager about it because every time one of us deals with the guy at the parts counter we end up back there to get the right part later.
Going to eat dinner and try to find my garage floor.

Drunk tips are great. May be they liked your ass?

I got hugged a lot but not groped. We had a grump onsite yesterday also making grumpy remarks. He sat down at the end of the day (for 30 mins) and smoked/ watched the other two of us load all the brush, slash it down then load all the log. I figure everyone has their " off " days, so once a year its ok.

Butch that's a total blast from the past, will you meet up for a beer?

Frig having someone sitting around for a 30min smoke break near the end of the day. That's not cool with me, even once a year.

Need to "nip that sh*t in the bud" 15 minutes turns into 20, which turns into 30 etc. Too many b*tches feel they have more value than their true worth. A true "team player" pulls their weight regardless of whether they are having an "off day". You're either with me or against me and if you're against me you're gone!

Frig having someone sitting around for a 30min smoke break near the end of the day. That's not cool with me, even once a year.

He'd have to be Paul Bunyan himself to be invited back for tomorrow, here.

And we all know Paul didn't smoke.

Like I said, very out of character. But, I am conscious of appearing to be soft and its something to keep an eye on. Dave hes currently being evicted so possibly a combination of stress plus under the weather.

Rebuilt a box 044 from the local saw shop. Nice shape too.....
Calling it Katy #2 and I'll order a dual port can for it.
Then set about getting more ponderosa plank down on the front deck.
All I felt like doing was a drop and walk.
Had one guy just doing maintenance in the shop.
Productive day.

Attachments

• tmp_13249-20160719_145838-163887272.jpg
    tmp_13249-20160719_145838-163887272.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 47
  • tmp_13249-20160719_1458272036412011.jpg
    tmp_13249-20160719_1458272036412011.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 46
  • tmp_13249-20160719_171943-97065880.jpg
    tmp_13249-20160719_171943-97065880.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 45
Saw...it's a saw...you got it running...cool.

But that deck ... looks very good. Makes me think of heart of pine wood we see here in some very old houses.

Felt really good about that find. 11mm style wrist pin... and still had protective labels on it.
Guy barely used it, not even pitch or scratches on the handle bar. Big dogs. A proper 044.
Guy ran straight gas through it once. Had it rebuilt... Did it again. Took it to the saw shop and asked about the BB kit if he was gonna rebuild it again. No go with a 10mm pin. So he bought a bigger saw :lol:
Maybe he'll screw that one up too :/:

Cool saw Stephan. EPA free. The real thing.

IMG_20160719_183911185_HDR.jpg

Played around quite a bit with this setup the last couple days. So cool being able to rope walk up, clip into the tail, and boom, DbRT. Shout out to Pfanner Man.

Back