How'd it go today?

My opinion too Butch.

I once asked them why they didn't do the gunfight crap in the other town where they profit from the train loading etc. They said there is too much noise...guess it's OK in front of my house though...bastids.

friggin' hell.

As you gentle folks know, I am all for business.......but thats a bunch of horseshit. No way in hell should you have to put up with that.

I would dig a slit trench in the front yard and when that train stops and the shooting begins, walk out there with my paper and take a shit. Jaysus.

A couple of events.The lighter note was a family reunion .The rather blue note was laying an old buddy to rest .

My bud Denny has been such since we were 9 or 10 years old .At 69 years what got him was a stroke ,agent orange from a tour in "Nam and most likely PTSD .I saw him about 5 days before the grim reaper came for a visit .Life does go on but in the last few years the "gang" is losing members .I've lost track of how many went down .

Al, sorry about your friend.

Chris, I've called and talked to them many times. It means nothing to them. They have the typical RR person attitude...RR does whatever it wants and the hell with anyone else.

Sorry about your buddy, Al.

Dave, it`s like a campground not too far from my shop. All the people staying there are from a certain part of a big city and the place only is made available for them with tents from now on for five or six weeks. Normally it`s very quiet, then they come out here driving their big old ugly cars from which ten kids unload, and that they have to park in what normally is a scenic spot, rather than a designated parking area, and they bring their fireworks of course. Dogs around all go crazy and whatnot. I can`t figure it, why come out to the quiet countryside for a change and want to make noise like they never left their usual environment? City folks....probably miss the sirens at night too.

Firefighterzero,

I love my 25-06 for prairie dogs. I use the Hornady 75 grain hollow point and IMR 4064 powder. I've never tested it myself, but the book says 3700 fps. Nothing like a prairie dog that suddenly turns into a giant red mist. I've love to spend a day with you at the dog town.

Joel

That would be good Joel.

Its a pretty good town to the north of me. Less than a mile away actually.

We sat in one spot and got 20 or so the other day.

Well Dave if you want I'll load up the boys and we'll go rob that train for real and give them something to experience. That or just start burning a pile of old chips in a burn barrel out front, I know I get complaints from every one of my neighbors when I do that. Maybe their like other "bugs" and you gotta just smoke em out

I would probably bring my own gun to the fight. Something realllllllly loud. Make them duck for cover.
Burning is a good idea. Poison ivy would work.
Sorry for your loss Al.

Damn! I would lose my mind Dave. Good luck with it. Maybe a ton of firecrackers and stand out by the road throwing strings in at opportune times to wreck their 'performance'.

Pretty lame. They do a train robbery show in summerland near here on the kettle valley railway but atleast they ride horses, it's a steam train, and they're not in anyone's front yard.

Edit. First try and possibly last at trying to link a video. Lol

OH man, I love the burning/smoke idea ! If only the prevailing weather was the other direction:cry:

I've been caught in PI smoke and would never think of doing that to a bunch of kids. It did have a nice evil feel to it though
Thinking of hooking the stereo up to my bass amp out on the front porch to mess with their announcing and stuff when they pull in...gotta see what I have around for patch-cords. :evil:

Here ya go Squishy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wKeeYvsJbp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its a pretty good town to the north of me. Less than a mile away actually.

We sat in one spot and got 20 or so the other day.[/QUOTE]

You ever eat those prairie dogs jim? I know we eat wood chuck around here quite often.

ha, well, I'm friends with the landscapers who use that area during the week. anything I might do would have to be very temporary.

No, I have never eaten them Nic. No reason you couldn't though I guess.

Gophers or Prairie Dogs have never been on the menu. Usually blow them all to hell at the shot, but if you were meat hungry they would do fine. Shoot them with something less than a .25-06 Improved and there would maybe be a pound of meat on each one.

Yum?

I put a downpayment on a 94 4x4 ford f350 7.3l turbo diesel dump, with A/C. Safety and emission tested, by thursday, I hope. Driveline and steering are tight. No leaks under the parking spot. Electric/hydraulic dump in the cab tho. Summer driven only. Dual tanks. All greased.

Thanks all for the advice and what to look for. Hope it works out, I have plenty of work.

When you out grow that one I will buy it from you to get the front axle! Dont tell squisher! He's an axle vulture!

Not a thing wrong with that set up. Couple things to watch are the glow plugs. Easy to check with a test light though. If you have one go out, change it right away, otherwise the tips can swell and break off when you try to remove it.

The oil press sender has a single wire lead on it that can fall off and scare the hell out of you. Its on the turbo. Then belt tensioner is a weak design, change it when you start seeing the serpentine belt shave off a rib. Make damn sure the air box is seated properly when changing the filter.

They use a bit of oil, like most large engines.

I run Stanadyne all season diesel treat in mine all year. It is a cetane booster, and adds lubricity to the fuel, but is also an anti gel. I had some trouble with the advance piston seizing in the case on a couple rebuilt pumps. Some jack wagon had bored the hole out and sleeved it with plastic.

I run the Stanadyne just to make sure.

Good luck, I am sure you will be happy.

Back