How'd it go today?

I got given a non working FSA 400 strimmer yesterday that after I filled it with fuel and poured some of it into the cylinder ran like a dream, today I bought this little thing, hopefully it will help my arms that are constantly giving me grief.
Only the second brand new saw I have ever purchased.

Attachments

• 20160326_193527.jpg
    20160326_193527.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 60
Open the muffler at bit on it.
Makes a world of difference without raising the noise level much.

I got given a non working FSA 400 strimmer yesterday that after I filled it with fuel and poured some of it into the cylinder ran like a dream, today I bought this little thing, hopefully it will help my arms that are constantly giving me grief.
Only the second brand new saw I have ever purchased.

Great saw Carl. But it takes some time to run in. Especially since you're only making pruning cuts. If mine evwrbroke, I'd go straight out and buy a new one.

Worked at a day care today, and believe I found a good worker at a much needed time. Carved a pair of mushrooms out of the stumps. Go back and help the kids plant a couple of my peach trees and show them the video/ time lapse plus put some finishing details on the mushrooms. Opted for no kids so it's always a blast doing things like this.
Not quite finished bit the only one the wife grabbed.
2b1ed38bc43d604cc1562b3a261275b8.jpg

That's a great picture. Nice work.

That little 150 is adorable

Hey Reg, were you using a 201 in your (awesome) cedar topping video? I noticed you had the T540 and a Stihl as well?

Cheers

Sam

51 years and 4 months is a vast amount of time to be out there. Idk, get enough rest, keep up the good work!

Since I don't celebrate Jesus birthday or whatever easter is , the mail order bride and I have kept busy at home.
Bout 20 years ago I rented a piece of land out to my neighbour, who had a dream about becoming a shepherd.
He put up a nice shed/stable for the sheepies and fenced the land.
Then after 15 years he got seriously ill and had to give up on the whole thing, the remaining sheep ended up as ausages.
The neighbour on the other side wanted to rent it, shed and all and did so for 5 years.
Got a divorce, left ( Pity, she was a good neighbour) and I was stuck with the fenced land and the shed.

So we tore the fence out ( To be replaced by a horse friendly fence) removed the shed and finally got a chance to thin the trees I planted along that piece of land 22 years ago.
It should heve been done years ago, but the fence was in the way, and as we say here: The shoemaker's kids and the blacksmith's horse always have the lousiest shoes.

P1040159.JPG P1040160.JPG P1040161.JPG

Good pics Stig, as for trees ones planted oneself, here's a cherry I planted 8 years ago in our garden. It's spring!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 34
That picture makes me envious, Mick.
Nothing green or flowering here, yet.
Is that a "looking good" sort or a " Good to eat" sort?
It certainly does look splendid.

Great pics all. Why are there no flowers on the ends of the branches? Is that bit dead or something?

If that is a current picture Stig, I think you might be suffering from some color blindness. Looks plenty green to me.

When working with a 12 lead ECG, I often have to ask the paramedic which shade of grey does the Paramedic want next.

I've noticed that you are into gardening for the looks.
While I really love looking at that, my efforts go more in the "Good to eat" direction.

I have about 20 different sweet cherries to eat and a couple of sour one to preserve.

Speaking of the edible landscaping, I bought some straw berries and some raspberries to plant. They came as shoots, I guess that is what you would call them.

Anyone know how they are supposed to be planted? I thought they were supposed to be bushes, but mail order wife says rows.

Jim ,the green stuff is mostly moss.
The grass has just started to come up. 2 more weeks and it'll be a different thing:)
I just caught hold of my neighbouring hog farmer today and asked him if he would be so kind as to emty a load of pig manure over my hay field.
Turns out, he has sold it all to a biogas plant, so it will be de-gassed ( Is that the word?).
Should smell less bad and have almost the same fertilizing value.

Be interesting to find out.

Great pics all. Why are there no flowers on the ends of the branches? Is that bit dead or something?

If that is a current picture Stig, I think you might be suffering from some color blindness. Looks plenty green to me.

When working with a 12 lead ECG, I often have to ask the paramedic which shade of grey does the Paramedic want next.

No it's new buds or something, it's in rude health.

I've noticed that you are into gardening for the looks.
While I really love looking at that, my efforts go more in the "Good to eat" direction.

I have about 20 different sweet cherries to eat and a couple of sour one to preserve.

We grow all sorts to eat, my wife works full time as do I, we just decided a couple of years ago that the huge veggie beds were becoming a chore rather than a pleasure so we've cut them down a bit.

I have been in a swivet to plant some trees. Grandpa had some big beautiful cotton woods to shade the house.

He cut them down because the well went dry. Now we have no shade.

Maybe a hybrid cotton wood might be a good choice, no cotton. Damned cotton woods are about the only thing that will grow here.

Plant it! You can always remove it later.

Did cutting Grandpa's trees help the underground water situation?

Back