How'd it go today?

I think Brendan V has said the same, maybe its a CT thing:/:

Good roast August ;)

Good day running around chipping debris. Had the pay it forward happen to us today. Was chipping with the the wife and a truck pulls up thought they were seeking a biz card or such and the lady jumps out hugs my wife and hands her a 50. Don't know them wife says to her what's this for lady said "I'm just paying it forward"
Hard not to have a good day after that. On the way home she put it in the local animal rescue box as we lost our German Shepherd last weekend to a twisted stomach.

Holy chit, great story!

Speaking of roasts, I love em. Have you seen the ones on comedy central, lots of utterly hysterical shite.

We should have one here, ya know, online.

Hmmmmmmm, How bout big Jim as the first guest of honor. Or MB :drink:

Yea I use to watch a lot more but the wife often rules the TV airwaves. I think for sure it takes active participant's.
Forgot to add that I finally put the final
coat of polyurethane on the floor too. The vanity will get a couple more.
9d03cfbd88131cd67e1f104fc2c9684b.jpg

6ed1f164fc6936311ced612a0afe69bb.jpg

Good thing too as I'm ready for some of my projects:cool:

Holy chit, great story!

Speaking of roasts, I love em. Have you seen the ones on comedy central, lots of utterly hysterical shite.

We should have one here, ya know, online.

Hmmmmmmm, How bout big Jim as the first guest of honor. Or MB :drink:

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 45
The vanity will get a couple more.

In my humble opinion that would be a mistake. You've sealed it, additional applications of that finish will just make it more and more like plastic. Get the finest polishing steel wool (0000 grade), rub out that hard shiny to a softer texture and then you might want to put a coat of wax on it.

Joel, I think that your wife will like the results when you get the project completed. It's a real nice looking cabinet and sink area.

Something about finishes, not so much polyurethane because it is a coating really, not a penetrating oil finish, but you can often get a very nice looking finish by applying applications over time, rather than trying to get a complete result right from the beginning. Wood goes through some changes when recently planed or sanded off, and that for some reason seems to adversely affect the finish, weakens or dulls it. After the initial application(s), give it six months and then apply again and you can get a lustre that is hard to achieve when the wood is fresh. Urethanes can be used similar to an oil finish if you thin it out a lot with turpentine or paint thinner for penetration, and give numerous light applications as opposed to a few thick ones. Apply and let it sit for awhile until penetration is achieved, then wipe off the excess. Rub it out a little after it dries and repeat the application, the idea being to build up the finish slowly and evenly to where the wood is sealed, but the surface isn't so coated. I know that you need water protection around the sink, also something to consider. Good finishes take time, a trade in itself really, and once used to be.

Well, I can be a bit of a reactionary, and any time someone threatens me with a fine and or jail, I tend to tell them to piss off.

Some of the info they ask for is already on file, again through threat of jail and a fine, so I dont feel like providing it again.

I find most of the info to be too invasive. The govt says that it is secure, but the track record for that is not too good. Sure, the info could probably not be used against me by a criminal, but the less they have on file about my family, the better IMHO.

At my core, I am an asshole. If you ask me nicely, I will give you the shirt off my back. If you threaten me, I tend to hunch up and and get pissed.

As an aside, I once lost a whole fist full of hair off my beard. Some drunk beeyotch grabbed a handfull of my beard and told me she was gonna lead me around like a dog. I said pull it off bitch, and she did.

Yeah, probably gonna do some "good" in the community by providing more money to those in "need" if they survey gets filled out. However, I dont agree the way the govt "helps" people, so if I willingly participate in the survey, I am an accomplice in their schemes. Tinfoil hat engaged yeah?

Don't know it. I stick with a good old French Dijon mustard. Mostly eat it with cheese or use it in slad dressing for pasta and potato salads.

We started logging ( Or, rather, leasurely falling) the 1000 cubic meters of beech in the State forest today.
Nice trees, flat ground and no brush. Almost like working in a city park.
Blue sky and dry ground, it hardly gets better.
There was a stand of nasty trees. Not a decent log among them, lots and lots of branches...the kind where you use 2 tanks of gas on felling, limbing and bucking each one.
So we gave that stand to the apprentice:D

Only fly in the ointment is 3 hours in the truck commuting each day!
I hate that.

Had a good morning, got a phone call yesterday to grind 4 stumps, turned into 5. Wanted it done today. HO had landscapers working, so they were there to clean up. They were bitchin' because yesterday it took them a better part of the morning to dig out one stump. 2 hours to do four, on average 30 inch, cedars and one 24 inch oak, which I took down 4 or so years ago. Had some equipment issues, need to make that belt tensioner sooner than later, belts flipped over a few times. Not much room to get into the back yard.

Got a delivery for another set of teeth and pockets from vermeer. Going to layout and drill holes in the new 10 inch disc. Would be nice to get that all set up, though I'm not sure the 10.5hp will power 4 sets of teeth on a 10 inch disc.

IMG_20160329_100126.jpg

One cedar left to go, in the back ground was the oak, and behind to the left of the gas can was 2 other cedars, along the lattice.
IMG_20160329_115344.jpg

Got next years supply of firewood home today.
Talked the forwarder driver into bringing it home from the forest behind my house for me:D P1040188.JPG P1040187.JPG

Back