How'd it go today?

d92f79529883b7ba9d7799c191780e30.jpg

$150.00

Can be heated to 104*

We keep it on 98* most of the time.

I'd love to have one of those for festive occasions, Ed.
The reason mine is built into the bathroom ( Actually the bathroom is built around it) is that I want it to be hot when I come home from a cold wet day in the woods, without having to fire it up first.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

I liked having one, especially after a long day at work, but the maintenance takes a bit of keeping up with and they use a lot of leccy.

Ha, I remember back in the early eighties we would, on occasion, have a large shared bath, after a football match. (When we played at a more prestigious ground) we thought it was great (if a little weird) I think communicable diseases passed through the water put an end to the communal baths.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

I liked having one, especially after a long day at work, but the maintenance takes a bit of keeping up with and they use a lot of leccy.

Not if you do it right!

I run mine off a heat exchanger via the central heating system.
Since it is very well insulated, it doesn't lose much heat, and what it does, heats the bathroom.
It works, in effect, like a mass oven.

Since I heat my house entirely with wood, of which i have an abundance, all it costs to run the hottub, is the
"leccy" that runs the pump to the filter/heat exchanger unit.

I have a massive filter for a much larger swimming pool, so that is good for a year without changing.

So, basically, all the maintenance is keeping PH right and tossing some clorine in every second week.

I've wanted a hottub ever since I came across them in California in 80-82 ( There is a great place in Arcata, where I used to live, where you can rent them by the hour. They are out door, in separate huts. My Cali girl friend and I used to go down there, rent one for an evening, smoke weed, drink sake and make waves. Those were the days:))

I had a long time to think this through and come up with a good working solution, and it really does run well.

Having got a nice Swiss lady to enjoy it with after going horse riding in the Danish winter weather is a plus, too.

Signed:

One happy deviant:D

We are not very sexually uptight here, is probably the best way to put it.
As long as it is " consenting adults and all that jazz" no-one points fingers much.

Of course we have some 400,000 muslims out of a population of 6 million, that are EXTREMELY sexually uptight, so that probably brings the average down a bit.

I figured as much.

Seattle, 70 miles north seems to be a polyamory hub. Its different. I don't know how much this is common in liberal America. I sorta live in a cave.

Cool pics everyone. Look like happy kiddos Dennis.

Honestly, I always figured Stig had a hot tub. I would have bet it was outside too. Stig in the hot tub reading poetry to his lady sipping wine and being covered up by three feet of wet snow, with the horse taking a drink.

If that sounds weird, I will remind you that we just saw a picture of a naked man in a glorified bathtub.

Oh, for the record, I am not getting into Ed's hot tub.

Awesome looking trees. I'd like to see them for myself someday. Looks like prime snake territory to me though and I don't like that part.

Back