How'd it go today?

Crispy dead oak we started on today.. Hollow.. Fruiting bodies.. Previously cabled (two). Cracked.... Targets... You can see Nichelle is even thrilled. :lol: Told the HO I would bring the crew, climb it and see if we need a crane :lol:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aEFs53XR5mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm definatly not letting my wife see that scuba tub. That'll be one more thing she needs.

Started a county road project today. Have the road shut down for the week. 23 decent sized catalpa trees to be removed. Ground guys are trying but can't get the hang of feeding the chipper with the bobcat. I was well beyond frustrated by the last tree of the day and just bombed the hell out of them. Got down and chipped it in twenty minutes. They ca try again tomorrow. Time to wash the PI off me and crash. Thankfully there's a cold front moving in.

Snorkel tubs are a divided tub, with a wood wall separating soaking people from a wood stove submerged in the water. Air, wood, exhaust, all from the top, above the water level.

P1020716.JPG P1020720.JPG

This canola field is right outside the forest where we worked today. Not totally in bloom yet, still has a faint greenish tint.

Jim, do you want to fire up the D8 and get rid of that tree in the middle, so one won't have to drive around it while plowing:lol:

I wish I had a field oak like that. . .

Massive carbon credit audit going on at work this week. Lot's of highly educated people using very fancy words to describe relativly simple things. Part of our new managed forrest approach. Interesting, if nothing else.

~Cheers.

House looks to be coming along nicely.

We went back to the county job today and they got a little better feeding with the bobcat. All the trees today were planted closer together so the spread on them wasn't nearly as big. We only have two left to strip out tomorrow and drop all the spars. Log truck is supposed to be there at two so it should be a pretty nice day. Stump crew will be there Thursday. Get the job done a day early so I'm sure the locals will be happy

Quick question. Has anyone else had a hydraulic filter crack? Seems to happen on both of our 1800's at work every 12-15 months. My boss doesn't take the hint that maybe we should change them a bit more often

I have not had a Hyd. filter crack before. Typically your relief or bypass would open first, unless the machine is not equipped.

I have however had all other manner of hydraulic disasters befall me.

We use Napa Gold (Wix) filters for almost everything, except for a few Cat filters. On our Challengers we use only Cat fuel and Hyd filters. There is a difference.

Napa golds here also. Bypass valve could be malfunctioning on both machines too. It just struck me as an odd thing to happen.
Jim how did getting the 8 out go? Hell of a lot of machine to bury.

Had an ongoing fuel tank leak, so as I'm a bit slack at the moment we thought we'd have a look.
It's the drain plug area, fairly common I understand on these plastic tanks.
Went to an agricultural engineers who gave me 2 pots of goo that I had to mix together in equal quantities then apply.
Set like stone and for the moment is dry so could have saved myself a pretty penny.
Third picture is using the grinder and a bit of wood to pop the reluctant tank back into place.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 45
Was it leaking from the threads? If it was, best bet would be to remove plug and apply epoxy to the threads and shoulder of the plug (if it had one)..... then coat the outside...... but it probably is metric so who knows! ;)

At a guess I reckon the plug had been over tightened, resulting in cracks around the thread housing, we could have taken it out and mucked around with it, but if this works (and so far so good) its good enough. If it doesn't I'll get a new tank.
Now we've had it out once getting it out Ahmadinejad won't be an issue.
And yes Jim, that is an EX drain plug!

Did you notice how auto correct found Ahmadinejad instead of "again?" Weird!

Nice fix, Mick.

I've got a tiny fuel leak out of the metal tank on an RG 50, at one of the welds. Anybody got a quick fix, short of welding?

Back