How'd it go today?

I hope you get yourself back in health. Get some rest.
Keep at it Jim. You'll get there.

I had a decent day. Did more removals for a waterline project. Freezing rain all day tomorrow so probably off early. Oh well, I'll get a full week soon enough.
Only bad thing was my nieghbor caught me driving the minivan home. I was pulling in the drive and heard "oh lord it's official now".

Altimately yes it is. Just never wanted one.
Had a good half day before the freezing rain started. Spent the second half of the day replacing chain brake handles and chain catches on the thirty saws at work. Going back to finish all the removals except the two I'll need traffic control for. Also going to try to snag another bucket tomorrow and try to have the new guy set some rigging. Second bucket would be nice so I could fly in and offer advice up close and be able to get a good look at what he's doing. I'll probably just have to hang on a rope though

I had an astro van before. I would be happy to have it again compared to my too small SUV with one kid, especially at poopy diaper changing time.

We miss our AWD Astro big time. The magic bus was really a handy vehicle.

Felt better today and did not even need a treatment all day... Three trees, three accounts (I used the Wraptor just to be reasonable to myself ;) ) Kicked arse, billed jobs and made a mess. Good day!

Exactly why I bought it. Extend my career, in case of injury or health (yes this has been a blessing to have this option) and I ain't gettin gany younger ;) You betcha!

Just try not to over do it Stephen. Take full advantage of that wraptor. You bought it, use the hell out of it.

I CLIMBED a 60' tree the other day. Took out the Wraptor/ rope from the truck for some extra needed storage, and left it in the shed. Just fit what I needed, like a glove, into my p/u canopy.

Glad you're feeling better.8)

Called it quits today with only about half an hour to go, too humid. Not that hot, mid 80's but that yard was hot and wet. Even turned the ac on in the truck coming home, haven't used it all summer.

Was nice and cool here when I got home, having trees pays off.

Even turned the ac on in the truck coming home, haven't used it all summer.

Was nice and cool here when I got home, having trees pays off.

Great tree comment :thumbup:

Why haven't' you used the AC, cuz it hasnt been that hot or cuz you prefer not to unless absolutely necessary?

Just got in from pulling a calf out of a heifer. Live calf too. That always makes it nice.

Calf presented fine but with a foot back. Had to reach in all the way past my elbow and get it sorted out. Put the OB chains on and start pulling.
I love it when a plan comes together!

Why haven't' you used the AC, cuz it hasnt been that hot or cuz you prefer not to unless absolutely necessary?

Hot weather doesn't worry me much but humidity does. It's pretty dry until late summer usually, then we get some heavy rain and storms and I really don't like ac. Never had it in a truck till this one, just bush air con, wind the windows down and drive faster.

Went back and finished off this morning, just a few branches in the front. I'd finished the tree in the back and cleaned up yesterday, just couldn't pack up and move around the corner and start again. Bloody hot spot, even today with a cool breeze.

Sold a day-rate pruning and small removals job, and some easy felling of small cedars/a climbing dismantle of a larger cedar with easy-access mill logs/ easy maple dismantles.

Finishing some orchard work at the waterfront home of the Olympia brewery heir (as I understand it). He has some laminated root root trees near a building, and some blow down, too.

Still in the hunt for a good employee.

Did another training and safety class today. This time was for skid steers. Tomorrow we get to watch Vermeer safety videos plus a rep is coming down to go over our machines with us. These classes are rather boring but I understand why they need to be done. I'm also glad my boss has decided to make us do these things.

I took a big bucket of pennies into my bank to dump in the coin machine. They take 3%, but that's cheaper than the coin tubes it would take to wrap them.

The contents of my bucket:

1 Canadian Dime.
1 Canadian penny with a little piggy on the back.
1 Canadian penny with a pigeon, or something, on the back.
12 Wheat pennies.
14 American dimes.
187 Canadian pennies. Now I know why Canada gave up on the penny, they're all at my house.
8,031 American pennies, or 24.093 kg worth.

I only plogged their coin machine twice. They were very nice about it, and I got to see the innards of the machine. I'll definitely be using their coin machine again.

I have been charting my lady friend for two weeks weeks while she's traversing the Caribbean on two cruises ,back to back .

Of course I had been to most of those ports of call when I wore the bell bottom blues and silver dolphins .

Kind of neat .I knew basic navigation at one time ,just had to relearn it .

She'll be exhausted at the end of it .I'll bet she never does that again for two weeks in a row .If you've seen one Caribbean Island you've seen them all .Miles and miles of endless ocean all looks the same .

Back