How'd it go today?

It is. Ah, the hollowness tells me why I'm there:/:

Gonna play with us more this year Wally?

Ah, but it is Nic's tree...that's what keeps me on my toes:P

I would climb it if you weren't looking to get out. :)

Hoping this teaming can work to help all of us at times. Kinda nice working with others that want to get things done.

:D

Nic might have mentioned something about someone not fitting into their saddle...:/:

I can see how you could mistake my coffee intake for enthusiasm...;)

I'm thinking Dave is all excited to come play anyway. Besides wally don't you think it's a good idea for us to keep him out of retirement lol

Today was good. I actually slept in a bit. My oldest daughter and I built a small snow fort and than I went to plow for about six hours. Did some reading on here and am going to relax. I'm giving everyone on here the early warning that the world might end tomorrow around 6 pm eastern standard time. I will be signing the papers for a mini van.

Met with the client on the hedge I had rescheduled for today. I went outside this morning and cancelled the work day. The cold frosty air triggered the asthma again and pretty much spent the day in bed prior and after that meeting. Had to wait until 10 am to even drive the 8 miles to meet the HO. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

A mini van? That's the final leap to being a parent isn't it? My sympathy lol

Oh I won't be the one driving it. My truck is on borrowed time so it was the mini or a new to me truck. Since I need to put an addition on the house and a minivan is cheaper, it won out. Wifey gets it, I'll be driving the Tahoe. It's kind of a truck.

I need to get with a Dr. and see if I can get some home epi pens or something. They want to keep me on steroid treatments for the most part and they don't work so good.
Used to be I would get bad like this and they would hit me with a shot of adrenalin to open me up. Then some epinephrine and a breathing treatment of albuterol sulfate to keep me steady freddy. Then just some allergy meds I would be fine. Occasional emergency inhaler in case.

Now they want me on prednisone that has never really worked all that well for me EVER. not listening. The new way is best .. yada yada

I never minded the Cortisone shots I got for my alergies, at least after the first eight hours of the crazies wore off!
Years, I mean many years ago, I took the injections for my allergies, at first we did it at the Dr's office and had to wait and wait to go home. Then mom started doing them at home and I had to sit on the couch for an hour afterwards. I hated that! Never understood what the deal was until I had a reaction once. Nothing like the look on your mothers face as she shoots you up with adrenaline to keep you breathing!
The first time I took a steroid pack I was wired for sound for two weeks! Man I could go and go and go! Then I slept for two days solid when I came down!
It's like I say about the anti-depressants, sometimes it's easier to deal with the effects of what you have than it is to deal with the side effects of the drugs they put you on to fix it.
Asthma certainly isn't in the same class and I don't mean to make light of it Stephan. I wish there was more than an epipen, something that was a long term effect on it, but I know there isn't, and dealing with my allergies, I know how bad it must suck!

I have been through those series of tests and then shots twice in my life Andy. Hundreds of little pricks and cuts to only tell them I about allergic to anything that grows green, turns brown, has four legs, two wings, feathers or fur. No matter.
I have been on experimental meds in there day that are more common place now. Cromolyn was rather successful in pushing it down to living out pieces of child hood inside oxygen tents and monthly plus regular visits to the ER.
As I am getting older, I think I just don't have the tolerance to some things any more.
I will probably be starting back up on maintenance drugs I have not needed in a long time.
Just right now it kind of sux. But, like everything in my life, I often find a way to rise above or live with it :)
Can get rather frustrating.
Jim, I told the Dr. (s) it was allergic reaction that sent me over the top, I was ignored.I have had this disease longer than the Dr's at the clinic and hospital have been alive. One would think to listen to the patient and the knowledge they have acquired over the years in dealing with thier illness.

Hope things get a bit better Stephen, it doesn't sound too good. In my experience it's pretty hard to find a doctor that will take much notice of what you say.

An old client of mine died in the ER last year, he was telling them what was wrong when he died. They told his daughter later that he was spot on.

I've been going through my own battles with meds the last year. Just shut up and take this crap is what they think. Don't try to get healthy, just keep taking these meds. And as you get worse, we'll give you some more meds. And when you have side effects to them, we'll give you meds so you can take the other meds.

There's a lot of bad doctors out there. Good ones too. But the bad ones can wreak havoc on a person in no time. Bad doctors tend to make a ton of money. Referring a patient out to a better suited alternative doesn't pay too well. Constant visits of patients that are wrapped in a web of trial and error with meds ensures that the mortgage stays paid on the beach house. Meds have their place and are a miracle for some. But it seems like head meds are a major racket for a lot of doctors and in the end the patient sometimes ends up worse off then when they arrived for help. This is a big topic in my own life lately with a lot of folks around me. Head meds sometimes save lives and restore wellness. Other times they help load the pistol for the person who is struggling.

Had a good weigh in. I am down three pounds for the week. 13 in total. Maybe someday I will be only obese. Not super horrifically, mega morbidly obese. One can hope!

Yes, it would scare the shit out of you. We have an excellent pharmacist. With out him, the idiot doctors would kill people every day out here. He calls back to the hospital all the time to chew ass because some doctor prescribed the wrong drugs or wrong combination of drugs.

My grandmother used to have to detox from time to time from her local Dr. End up in the hospital with several Dr.s around her with that WTF look on their faces looking at all her Rxs... Quite the cocktail sometimes. Pharm would catch it. Typical city crap. Meat grinder mentality.
Lets face it, there is no real money in cures and wellness. The big money is in maintenance and prolonging ones existence. Repeat visits.

Back