How'd it go today?

Done 3 removals and went really smooth, I think why it went so good was because I took a whole day inspecting gear and properly stowing it yesterday. Made a vid from the ground of before and after and posted it on the video forum. It is effortless to produce them I expect most of my future post will be in video format.

I just got off the phone with the parts guy to get a general estimate of parts to fix a friend's lawn mower.

I putz around today. Threw some wax on the chipper, and power washed all the hydraulic oil off my mini skidsteer from when I flipped it. Looks like new. Cruised around online looking for more ideas for my updated chip box. Thought of a nice way to store the 2 orchard ladders.

Finished the day up with an 8 mile mountain bike ride down the bridal trail.

Tommorrow I need to phone a customer about some Arborvitea, and working on 2 more customers landscape design.

First day of work went great. I thought I was going in at the lowest technician's level, and come to find out, I'm starting out at the second level. :D

We did a few conference calls, went over corporate policies, did paperwork out the wazzoo, went to lunch, toured our main office, met some new faces, took the picture for my ID, and then I came home.

I started out at 6AM and got home at 7PM. It was long, but it was good. :)

Tomorrow, I get to ride along and deliver parts.

I'll be doing more hands on repairs instead of troubleshooting, in my position.

For now though I'll be riding along until I'm ready to go out in the field/my work van comes in. Last I heard on the status of it it looked like this:

candilo3.gif

I'm serious. I'll be getting a new 2008 van in about 3-4 months depending on how long it takes from assembly to gutting it, to installing my service racks inside, and delivery.

Tomorrow I also need to order my work shirts and look over my temporary vehicle, and do some administrative stuff. My work phone should either be at the office tomorrow or Wednesday, since the only two at central were broken.

Very cool Jason!!!!!

Spent two hours doing my UA and physical. Could have been done in fifteen min., but what fun is that?
Had a Parents as teachers dinner/playtime, they had a petting zoo and the kids got to ride ponies etc. Bubba had a blast.

Not so good here. I awoke with the aches and general malaise. Decided NOT to go shear shrubs this morning but do a walkover and report of an estate and await the noon arrival of my clutch parts. It started raining late in the morning so I skipped the walk through and went for my parts at noon-they were late. Got them at 3:00 during yet another squall. Went and did a bid in the rain and got back at 5:00 to sunny skies. started reassembly......the pressure plate holes don't match the flywheel-line up 2 and the other 4 are half a hole off. Aargh. I still feel lousy also.

That sucks all around Justin.

My day was OK. The customer I was going to work for cancelled. Actually she cancelled and then un-cancelled and then cancelled again. I didn't give her a hard timed because going in for heart surgery seemed like a good enough excuse to me. My afternoon job expanded to the whole day, conveniently. It was a road clearance job through another tree guy friend. He needed a certified arborist on site for the job and I got me one of those cards in a cracker jack box.

I have a fun filled day planned for tommorrow going to the parts store and giving a friends mower a tune up then fixing one of my riders.

I had an easy pine to slay, nothing to it, and the weather was beautiful! I was finished before it got hot.

I think you trimmed it quite enough, Butch. :lol:

Trimmed about 30 palm trees this morning. 20 from the bucket and 10 from a ladder. Have I told you folks just how much I hate ladders? Oh well, easy peasy, was done by lunchtime.

Two decent size removals tomorrow with some power lines involved. No biggie. I'm going to try to get one of the groundmen to take some pictures if he has time. Although I have a huge drop zone so they may be too busy to take pictures.

My buddy Paul the house buyer called me yesterday about lunchtime, said he had already received his first phone call from the banner I hung in the tree Sunday. I told him I would have been better off working on commission on that job. :D

Can't get nothing going today, frigging rain and wind....:cry: O-well maybe it's about over for awhile.

Dave, enjoy the rain when you get it. We're getting a few sprinkles this afternoon as well. My lawn and trees are digging it. :)

Gigi, nothing spectacular, no thorns. Queens and Sables. Although I was startled a little bit when a rat jumped out of his nest onto my forearm before launching himself and landing 20' below. :lol:

Got things rolling again on the chipper clutch. -The pressure plate I pulled is being rebuilt and returned to me....tomorrow we hope. I did a walk through evaluation of the trees on an estate. Tendered my eval and a $20k bid. ground a bunch of roots for a sidewalk installation, made a dump run and am now kicking back before doing bids this evening.

I don't expect to....but maybe-It isn't an unreasonable bid.. The mansion is for sale. What I really expect will get done is the removal of a 66" DBH 85 feet tall (it has been topped) hollow Silver Maple that is overhanging the 3 story mansion(Built in 1884).-That tree is 6K of the bid.

Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off all day!!
I barely passed the eye exam yesterday at my physical, time for new glasses says me!! I got my prescription card out, it expired three days ago!!! Got an eye apointment this am, then went to where my insurance tells me to go, get it all set up, "That will be $280 sir." I all but had a come apart!!!! Went to another place, "Yeah, with everything we can set you up for $52!" WTF??????????? They didn't have safety frames there, so I had to drive 30 min to the other store, picked them out and they should be here Friday. In the middle of this I got the call that all was well and I start Monday. I was shocked, just did my UA yesterday. So while I was out in the area I went ahead and picked up my new wor boots. With all discounts, $56, not to bad.

Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off all day!!

I did about the same. I bounced from technician to technician. I did some basic stuff, and some advanced stuff...err watched it. At least I skipped having to go to the plasma center this evening:O.

I ended up driving the cargo van(Driving through Immersion :O ) home so I can get up and be out of here to a lonely little outpost in the far reaches of our service area, and make a delivery...

by 8:30 AM and the next delivery, as soon as possible.

Back