How'd it go today?

Hedge season in full flow here. Did my first real tree in 7 working days. It's not often I get excited about a 40ft 18in dbh ash dismantle but I did today :)

Ahhh a final relaxing Friday at home. I got some errands run, ran to Wal-Mart, fixed some odds and ends that needed to be done, cooked supper, and now I've recapped my day.

Tomorrow, a day of getting a new set of clothes for work. It's the nice side of blue collar work, so t-shirt, jeans, and boots just won't suffice.

Yep. It's still a shock. I will have some odd times where it will be needed. Days when we're doing Vault work and I have to weld or days when I have to run a ditch witch.

I ground stumps today. The machine is running better but a tooth broke off and hit me in the shoulder before flying off to infinity. Oddly and luckily I was not hurt, just stunned. I ordered greenteeth today to give them a try. I want my engine to last until next spring and then I will get a Kohler for it.

I was at Vermeer yesterday and they where talking how Greenteeth aren't good for the machine because they put so much added weight on the cutter wheel and stress the machine.

I dont think its the physical weight as much as the different cutting angle puts wierd stresses on the machine.

The teeth are so close to the wheel they radiate the cutting forces to the shaft and belts quicker than a tooth that is out further on the wheel.

Think of it as holding a hammer at the end and striking a hard object vs. being choked up on the hammer.

Today I was wondering why I couldnt view the climbing saw thread. Today I put off a job until Monday due to rain. I rarely put off removal jobs that are raied on but I never work in the rain. Putting in time video editing messing around with google uploadable and wonder what storage size for vid's they may limit meh to.

Edit:
I had to give MB's bro a shout out on this thread.
http://www.perfdecastro.com/Video/perf_cancotrista.wmv

How much will the green teeth set you back Darin? I would be slightly wary of them on a small machine...

You anarchist you. I bought a set of 20 plus five extra teeth, pockets and bolt for just under $400. If I remember correctly this machine had greenteeth on it before it was sold. I'll let everyone know how it works next week.

I use the 700's on mine Darin. I started out with the 1100's but that was before they came out with the smaller teeth.

Raining it's but off presently. Kind of put a halt to things this morning....:X

Well, that was a good day. Got my new clothes to start work with, and picked up some stuff for business meetings.

BITE ME!!!! Went to Redwing to look at boots, they had half or less of the boots I need, in my size!!!!
They had some low cut hikers, heavy as all get out, decent price, but they rubbed right on the ball of my ankle! Not sure how long before that got old.
I know, more whinning!!!

Redwings blow chunks IMO. Heavy, expensive, inflexible and uncomfortable. I've had better luck with hiking/ mountaineering boots. Yeah, that doesn't help you since you need safety boots, sorry.

BITE ME!!!! Went to Redwing to look at boots, they had half or less of the boots I need, in my size!!!!
They had some low cut hikers, heavy as all get out, decent price, but they rubbed right on the ball of my ankle! Not sure how long before that got old.
I know, more whinning!!!

:( Sorry Andy. I'm lucky that our local hardware store/last remaining semblance of a country store, carries what sizes(12 EEE 12.5 EE)or type of shoe I need. If they don't have it, the owner will order it and have it to me in 2-3 days max.

Yeah Brian, I need the safety boots of safety boots!!!

Turns out a buddies girlfreind is the manager, and another buddy gets $50 off through his work. It adds up to savings!!!!

She will order them for me, but it's ten days out, not cool IF i start the 24th!!!

Oh yeah, I am a 12 narrow, makes it better yet!!

Well, buy your safety boots and in a few weeks you can start shopping for your 'casual Friday' work boots. If they look like they have a steel toe, who's gonna stop you and check? ;)

Well, buy your safety boots and in a few weeks you can start shopping for your 'casual Friday' work boots. If they look like they have a steel toe, who's gonna stop you and check? ;)

The thought has crossed my mind, but I have a feeling I am going to have to be very visable. And, well I think I am going to like the paycheck, A LOT, so why tempt fate?

Back