How'd it go today?

Not a wonderful day. Lost my Mom. Sister found her unconscious in bathroom and ran to get me. I did CPR until ambulance got there. By the time I got to the hospital it was all over. Drove back home to tell sister & nephew. Gave hospital the funeral home & left message for lawyer. Now just making a few family calls, sis is taking care of most of them as she has the numbers. Tomorrow looks like a fairly busy day...

My condolences to you and your family.

Today was another day, boss, his son, and myself flying the lift. I was cutting a limb, and holding with my left hand. As it came down still in my hand it brushed the canopy of a tree next door, ripped out of my hand, flipped and catapulted towards my bosses son about 25-30' out of the drop zone. The but end hit him in his calf like slow motion. He's got a bruise and a scrape, but nothing someone can't finish the day with. His mommy came and picked him up saying "Oh my god, my little baby, what happened, blah blah" in this little annoying I feel sorry for you voice. It was epic.

Anyways, the day went on finished that job and I was out! Came home and did a stealth ride at the local sand pit with some friends, hell of a time. Headed to Ashly's in a bit, for dinner. Woo hoo!

B, the next time the boss's son shows up on the job and starts getting in the way, just tell him to GTFO or you'll hit him again, with a real limb next time. ;)

Pissed off my wife today :cry:. Fixed the clothes dryer for cheap instead of buying her a new one. :lol:

She really wanted it to be declared dead. I figure it will last at least another 5-years now. 8)

Killed a big pine tree today and pruned some other trees. Dad did part of the big pine, and i went up and finished it. I'd say at least 60' tall. Scary above about 30 or 40', because of an old wound where the other leader broke out, it just looked so skinny there to support the rest of the top. Topping it out was a bit scary, since i was worried about the structure of the wound, but all went well. have to finish picking up some wood and grind the stump tomorrow. Tomorrow is just a day of grinding some stumps and cutting up some logs and getting ready to finish up a big planting job on thursday.

Really sorry for your loss Dave. We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts.

Working mostly on three vehicles and a boat right now. Wrong parts keep showing up for two of them. :banghead:I am taking matters into my own hands and ordering on line away from parts houses in town....
Tree job this morning rescheduled .......
More wrong parts...... :X
Oh well... Tomorrow is another day and one more closer to vacation. :|:

I didn't do much yesterday .Tom came out late in the afternoon .I may visit one of his jobs today .He's going to drop a big oak of over 100 feet .

Ha ,I got one over on him .He's been in the tree biz over 20 years and had never seen a set of gunning sticks .:)

I don't know what I did but I must have strained my left bicep yesterday. That's the one I had the torn tendon surgery on last year. It feels like somebody dripped a couple drops of orange juice on the inside of my elbow, just a sticky feeling when I move it along with some pain. I have work for the next week and a half straight so no time to be injured right now. I'm going to stop at the drug store on the way to work and grab an elbow brace to hold a little pressure on it while I work.

So my main hydro pump went on my Vermeer mini... I only have 440 hours on the thing and it should have never happened. A new pump from the factory is $6100. Fortunately Vermeer has agreed to cover half the cost of the pump, which I about fainted when they said they would help. I have been pretty unhappy with Vermeer Aurora's service leading up to this. My sales rep is a nice guy, but I don't really care much for the rest of the people I have to deal with. Normally I would pull the pump have have it rebuilt, which would be much cheaper, but I don't have time to mess with it right now. Just another day in paradise. :|:

Oddest thing ! I was looking at a couple of stumps of 3 feet diameter ash trees I dropped about a month ago .These things were graveyard dead from EAB .Lo and behold if they aren't sprouting from the roots of all things .

I've seen maples do that but not on a dead one .Now I can't help but wonder if the ash will make a comeback in the next hundred or so years .If they can somehow produce seed stock and if in fact they have acquired immunuity I think they will .I'll get some pictures,there might be hope yet .:D

Tom isn't going to trip that oak until this weekend possibley .I'm going to get the log ,goody .:D

In other news I managed to cut down out of a pile and split about a cord and a half which isn't too bad for an old fart .

Umm I ran both a Mac 805 that I stuck an 850 engine in plus the 038 Mag .By golly that Mac will out power the Stihl .I suppose it should because souped or not the Stihl is 10 cc's smaller .Different set of rules,a speeder verses a torquer .--it's all good though---;)

Managed to make it through the Funeral home arrangements,find and read the Will and financial papers, get some info from the lawyer, and take care of some business at the bank. Took Sister, Niece and Nephew out to a decent dinner as none of them had eaten all day.

Visitation & Memorial service set for Monday and meeting with lawyers is next Wed. I'm pretty bushed but guess I'd better hit the books for a few hours...final test on Tuesday so suppose i outta get after it.

Played down in a dry and snake infested creek bed on a slope today felling trees and thinning understory in an old fire zone. HOs have thinned out the fire damaged trees over time to see what was salvageable as the trees re-established. Pruned some nice Manzanitas... Called it a day. It's in a really hot little basin at a lower elevation. Granite really (like asphalt) helps hold and reflect the heat towards the creek bed with little or no breeze :P Job is finished save for the burning of slash in December. :)

Back