How'd it go today?

IMO you don't need 100% synthetic to see the benefits. I think as little as 20% synthetic would make a noticeable difference in engine performance as well as wear. Also, the 15w-50 synthetic isn't rated for diesel engines so I used the Rotella to make sure I still had whatever additives are required for diesels.

I changed my powerstokes to synthetic. They seem to run much better. Hurt my heart to spend that much on oil!

What viscosity are you using? I've contemplated it, over and over. I really only need to change my oil once a year, as I don't put much miles. I really change it 2-3 times a year though, just because.

I don't know of an engine that failed EVER because someone changed the oil too much, B.

B, see my post above. If Mobil1 is too pricey then check out NAPA brand full synthetic oil. You can run it 50/50 with your usual oil and it will only cost you an extra couple dollars per oil change.

I don't know of an engine that failed EVER because someone changed the oil too much, B.

Erik I read an article in an old trucks magazine about two brothers who in 1951 bought their Dad a brand new pickup. When he picked up the pickup the sales guy said that he should change the oil every month and since he was so appreciative of the gift that's what he did. Well he only went to town on Sunday to go to church and the store. So in the 1970's when he died one of his sons got the truck and he had had the oil changed once a month an they calculated it had been changed every 250 miles. The engine was perfect. Since the truck had also been garaged the rest of it was near perfect also.

I got Netflix on my computer yesterday. I've been watching Weeds all day. Well I did go to church this morning. The usual money counting assistant wasn't there so I was drafted to help with it. Somehow we messed up and were $1.15 short from what we had written down. He kicked in the dollar and I the fifteen cents.

Al, I was talking to some friends from KY who were up in MI for a festival this weekend. While everyone else at the place was complaining about the heat they were saying how happy they were to be up here escaping from it.

I think what the deal in Ky is all those hills .The flat lands of northern Ohio lets a little breeze blow which seems to be rare in Ky .Just about the next thing to a sauna .On top of the hill it might not be bad for all I know .

Oh Lawdy I had the bright idea to cut down out of a pile and split some wood .About a half hour of this 90 degree stuff in the sun convinced me today is not so good .Maybe 4-5 pm when the sun is in the western sky .

Still out straight, much needed rest with near 7in of rain near overnight and the worst lightning storm I think I have ever encountered:O My best to you all. In reading it seems everyone is well:thumbup:

Lame day, forgot my right hand man at the PT job went on vacation. That means I got the boss. Biggest PITA, hurry hurry hurry, do that, do this, what do you think?, did you put a rope in that yet?, let me ride around on the mini loader all day, leave you alone and come back three hours later, hurry up lunch, looks like its going to rain, one more tree, grab that, do this. That about somes up my next two days.

After work I looked at two jobs, and picked up some new yard signs and lettering for the box on my truck. Looking to cut the cord at the part time gig for next spring, so I'm gearing up you can say. :evil:

Oh ya, attempted a cat rescue at my buddies parents. It was a jumper! :O

Don't trust the surge protectors, eh?

Nope.... Lightening can fubar a lot of stuff regardless. My storage place lost the computer, printer, phone system, monitor, part of the desk, a section of wall, part of an electric panel and the wire to the ufer. They were down for days. Not to mention the lack of access from the automated gate:|:
Lightening hit the phone box down the road from them (about 250 feet) and came in the building through the phone line and jumped around electrical in the wall as well. The surge protector was a charred piece of plastic and metal.
Since I have a house full of computers on a network, I play it rather safe than sorry.

Been mostly off line for the last couple of days as our DSL modem took a crap. So I had to run an hour out to go buy a new one. So that is all fixed and we are working out the bugs for the routers and computers to all talk nicely to one another.
Been busy getting ready for vacation. Oil changes and tune ups. Got to the boat and low and behold another issue surfaced. :roll: Last time we had it out at Bass Lake it took a beating on the docks from the rough water. Came out one day to find it UNDER the docks. 3 foot swells from speed boats :roll:
Anywho... I took it to a guy last year to get some welding done to it and he opted out on welding the ribbing that had cracked. So as I was resetting some of the loose rivets prior to getting some more work done, low and behold I saw day light in the bow :X Well I guess he opted out on some of the more important welding as well :what: So off to another welder it went today. Fired the last one of course. You probably wound not have wanted to hear that conversation this morning :/:
I should have known when I picked up the boat last year that when the guy was talking about the lizard people from outer space running the government................
Few more items to deal with this week and I am outtie. Window guys are not going to be able to fix that window until Thursday as the window that was sent to them was defective :/: SO they are ordering a new one......... Man... At least I can go prune a nice oak tomorrow and lose myself in that for a day :lol:

Today starts the first day after "bird nesting season". We've begun the reforestation season.
Today was tons of scrapings and logs in the trucks, like 9-10 loads.
This first spot is pretty tight, so we'll probably get to climb a bunch, pulling them in off the road.

The contractors come next week to strip 183 very established trees, 80-100+yo cypress off of our western bluff.
The ramifications are gonna blitz our area with the severely increased wind load, we get to mitigate our area along with reforestation. Anyhoo.
Not everyone in Ca loves trees, Fear the Native Plant Fanatics, Beware!

All out steady here. I got my man doing a cut and run for the last couple of hours of the day so I've got some free time that should be being spent doing paperwork and quotes but instead I'm checking The House and goofing off!

Back