How'd it go today?

I'm beat, drinking an IPA. Chipped all day and dumped trucks,
Hot standing in the middle of the road, huffing aerosol pine chips,
Stuff gets bitter after the 6th truck load.

Kinda easy day today. Finished our first job by 10, taking down 4 crabapple trees and pruning a mulberry. Then we dumped the truck, and picked up some leaf and wood piles we left earlier in the week, and did a small pruning job. Tomorrow is a small pine td and some planting.

Its been super hot and humid here also the past few days. Heat index of over 100F. Just dying out there some days. Glad we have plenty of water and gatorade with us, along with ice to keep it cool lol.

Did a Birch take down and installed a cable for a sweet heart of a lady. Happy as pie, offered us her pool, went out and got us cold drinks, just nice. The temps were supposed to be record today, with the humidity we were done by noon.

I have to schedule a crane for the rest of the job, a good sized leaning Maple towards her neighbors.

Currently enjoying the pool, and staying cool.

Got a call this morning to ride out w/landscraper and look at three trims in the afternoon. No call, no show...sheesh...:what:

Poured here all day, so had all the staff in for 4 hours of training. We went over aerial rescue, pre trip inspection and minor daily saw maintenance, everyone was very positive about it! Now if it would just stop raining already, we could get some work done, we are about 2-3 weeks behind. We are booking well into Sept already.

Got hit by a yellow jacket again today. stung me right through the glove and into my index finer knuckle. Little bugger got his stinger stuck in the glove and we could not get rid of each other soon enough. He just kept on pumping and trying to leave and I just kept on shaking my hand trying to get rid of him while I was running from his buddies. Brush cutter doing brush maintenance on a place we cleared last winter.
Oh well.. :dontknow: sure are a lot of nests this year.

Stephen, do you carry antihistamines when you work?

Helps a lot when you have those hostile insect encounters.

Most certainly. :)
Also a squirt from my Primatine inhaler onto the sting point (epinephrine) can help as well. Too bad it is being taken off the shelves by out wonderful EPA by the first of the year. So much for over the counter asthma meds :(

I can't remember, do yellow jackets sting more than once? The one here that size will keep jabbing you, three times in the elbow by the same little fooker once. My elbow blew up like a balloon, had to go get a drip at the hospital.

I think Mike beat the piss out of himself as a younger man and it came back to haunt him in later life .Such goes the story for a lot of us .

I know my encounter with a 40 foot black jack pole that got the best of me 30 years ago still pops up from time to time .

I can't remember, do yellow jackets sting more than once? The one here that size will keep jabbing you, three times in the elbow by the same little fooker once. My elbow blew up like a balloon, had to go get a drip at the hospital.

Yes Jay, over and over. Been a few years since I got nailed by one.

Geeze once the damned hornets built a nest under the tracks of one of the D4 Caterpillars .Unbeknowst to me of course .I moved that old hunk of iron about 4 feet and they were on me like stink on chit .

I bailed over the side but the old Cat kept clunking away .No other choice than leap aboard and pull the hand clutch and get zapped like a Singer sewing machine again .Little bastiges anyway .:X

I love being a logger, but some of the work I have to do in summer to fill up the time, when no logging goes on simply sucks.

Last week I spend 2 days cutting weeds and spraying around a pipe storage area at a big powerplant.

Lovely ambience!

P1000891.JPG P1000893.JPG

You gotta do what you gotta do Stig .These trimmers around here might lay carpet ,plow snow or whatever they can during the off times .

Now one guy has the hot set up .He hauls junk out of peoples basements and attics ,garages .Does pretty good at it too .

On that I once bought a Crown pallet jack that will lift 1500 pounds 4 feet in the air from him for 75 bucks .They are like 1500 new .Worked out well for both of us .

And yesterday I trimmed some hedges in the part of Copenhagen harbour that was ruined during the IT boom.

This is a good example of what happens when big money rules and the frigging architects get a free rein.

Nothing green, no people just steel and glass.

It used to be old packhouses and atmosphere.

P1000894.JPG P1000896.JPG

They kind of did the same thing to an area of Toledo Ohio ,a port of lake Erie .Some of the old warehouses were converted into high dollar resterants /night clubs and some just torn down .Fact is a portion of the old sandstone sidewalks of that area is now my patio .

Especially when you consider that Copenhagen is full of nice old Buildings. Guess they had better architects back then.

kbh010.jpg

bc3b8rsen_kc3b8benhavn.jpg

527607858_7c710606d8.jpg

The tower of the old stockmarket ( Børsen) is 3 dragons with their tails twisted together, couldn't find a real good picture, sorry.

Back