How'd it go today?

Ah-ha's to the both of ya.

Seems like a rad situation, Rajan. (incidentally, Awesome name, I'm sure I'm mispronouncing it with Raging)
That way, not too many people on site at once.

The tarweed seems like quite the nuisance up there.
Jeez, with star thistle and scotch broom, too. Tons of terrible range weeds.

Ah-ha's to the both of ya.

Seems like a rad situation, Rajan. (incidentally, Awesome name, I'm sure I'm mispronouncing it with Raging)
That way, not too many people on site at once.

The tarweed seems like quite the nuisance up there.
Jeez, with star thistle and scotch broom, too. Tons of terrible range weeds.
I tell you what it is a money maker rocking it like that. We have two high school kids and pay them 30 an hour for the pair and they are all over it like a swarm of locusts. They are doing it to sell fire wood so they are making even more money off of the hauling.
I get that a lot about the name, think of it this way Ragin would be the most phonetic with a flat a.

I walked power lines for days on end in the Chico hills, with Star thistle over shoulder high.
Double carharts and you're still getting Worked over with thorns. Rough Country.

Gets old getting hit by the heads of the start thistle with the brush cutters when weed whacking. OUCHY.

We got rid of it on our place by just putting the goats and llamas on it. They ate it while it was still young before the blossom heads set. We had none on the property when we bought it. Once the equipment came in for the development and building, we had it all over where the equipment had been. One more patch by the rental needs a fence around it and we are done with it ;)
Larger_Yellow_Star_Thistle.jpg

Right now, string.
Fire season and all. Blades go on every once in a while for poison oak and black berries. Small brush.
Then we use this for more brush and it can be sharpened with a flat file in the field.
39499.jpg

And this for small trees.... Round file 5/32 so again, you can sharpen in the field.

provenmaxi.jpg

We have just been buying them from the local dealer, don't know what brand I last bought. Been a while. replace them about once a year if I am good about it.

Stephen, this housing arrangement was always temporary. Although I get along good with my cousin and his Wife I still kind of feel like I'm intruding on their lives. I have my own room out away from the house a ways but it's not too swank and I'm ready for something with my own cooking facilities and air conditioning, and water pressure, and a little more room.

My MIL lives downstairs in her own flat, the "free" childcare is priceless.

Steve, you can only be a good/positive influence on your son living with him.

bid a job entailing one sure removal + two maybes + four dead-wooding, all oaks.

I'll probably get the job spread out over a period of time-fine with me...take your time and see what you want your place to look like...:roll:

Right now, string.
Fire season and all. Blades go on every once in a while for poison oak and black berries. Small brush.
Then we use this for more brush and it can be sharpened with a flat file in the field.
39499.jpg

And this for small trees.... Round file 5/32 so again, you can sharpen in the field.

provenmaxi.jpg

We have just been buying them from the local dealer, don't know what brand I last bought. Been a while. replace them about once a year if I am good about it.
Thanks! Those are the same blades that I run.

Had a great time last night at a jam. Today just studying and staying in front of the fan at home. Two good Bluegrass festivals going on this week in MI, but not going with the temps where they are.

Another day at the Condo's today, raising Pines, Maples, and whatever for clearance/visibility issues. Everyone hates on us while we work because we are taking away their privacy. They should have showed up at the meetings and voted, too bad!

Just jumped in our new pool, it's been awesome to do after work and get that second wind. Might have to put one up at my house for next summer.

Gotta head there in a bit, trying to sell a claw foot tub I picked up for a bargain.

Back