Hearing Loss...what ?....

I find, over the last few years, that in crowded rooms, or if many people are talking at the same time.I have problems. Maybe it's just age.

My left ear is much worse than my right. I always figured from driving with the window down.

The crickets you hear when its supposed to be quiet, have to learn to ignore them.

I know I have some loss, the darn 036, and I seem to hear a pretty constant hissing sound when I pay attention to it. Are you supposed to hear any sound if your hearing is normal?

No. Tinnitus is what it's called and it sucks. I've been putting off the hearing aids for a yr plus now. If your not looking at my face, chances are I won't hear all you have to say.

I have it in what used to be my good ear. Had trouble with hearing in crowds for about 15 years. Thankfully it seems to have leveled off. Been around noise all my life.

I don't know why my Dad could hear at all. No hearing protection at all.

I have tinnitus in one ear ( the right one which is no surprise ) & my mid range has deteriorated. Crowded rooms make it hard for me to hear conversations.
I put a lot of it down to chipper use - much louder than saws IMO

I'm losing it pretty badly this last 12-18 months. The tinnitus really is getting worse, too. I'm sure Stig is right, I need to get a thorough hearing test, see what my options are.

I feel like there was some success with tinnitus with acupuncture or something of that sort, but I dunno anything about that with certainty.

I went to an EN&Throat Doc. He cleaned out some blockage but had no advice for the tinnitus. Said I could have testing done so I can tell if it is getting worse. Figure I will know that if it happens.

Back