Grove AT635E

Ed I like that idea other than the fact I wouldn't be able to get as close to stuff...

John, I thought about setting up a truck to carry all the mats and dunage but shit I don't have anywhere enough drivers as it is:|: Maybe a small trailer I could tow behind the crane....
Terry talked about same thing. A little 4x6 trailer on the back would carry Mtn of cribbing

Strong things that don't take up a lot of space are good to have to supplement cribbing, why i mentioned having a few one inch thick square aluminum plates. One guy can drag one around, and if you weld a handle on the ends, it makes it easier and then you can use a wire to pick them up in quantity with a loader or whatever. The luxury of having an additional small boom truck is real nice, if storing on the crane isn't possible. Racks generally on Jap cranes, often front and back.

Aluminium is ridiculously expensive for plates. Ply wood laminated, or recycled composite plastic.

A 6x4 frame for the dunnage would be better than a trailer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
More experienced gained today. Had 2 guys I met at Jambo wanted to come down and work with us for a couple of days to see how we roll. Tree Climber Doug and Bobby. We chipped 56 yards of chips and hauled a K-boom of wood. Good day, Doug rocked at crane work!

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Paul, in your second pic - you should have been boomed down a bit (to be over your load better), eliminating swing.

;)

I like my lifts to float away...

Thats a very debatable point Butch. Always a big difference in opinion between various operators as to how much stick you place over the lift.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also Butch as we all Know pictures can be deceptive, I really think the camera wasn't level. However bottom line the climber dictates the setup here.

Back