Grove AT635E

Sweet, i get it tho. I only take lame pov pics. But i hope others take pics for my enjoyment. Whose running whose climbing now? Still two guys or three?

How'd the leak repair in the turntable (?) go?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do all the big stuff and Robby runs the crane. We switch for small stuff to give him more climbing experience . The com systems are key. The plan is that eventually he will step up to be the climber and I will retire into the crane. No big hurry as I still enjoy climbing. I have been trying other folks for the 3rd guy but haven't found him yet.
No big surprises yet just a constant learning curve. Still worried about the trans and am trying to figure out how to put an Allison 740 in it. Biggest hurdle is I have to run 3 pumps off of it.

Resealing the swivel was a PIA but doable thanks to my buddy Dave who helped me with it.

Trying to figure out how to get rid of the cable on the boom, might be a new product idea ....

You should seriously look into a grapple truck. It will allow you to work with fewer guys and is great for tree work, you will not have to process your debris as you do the job. You can stack as big of a pile of logs and brush as you want and will still be able to clean it up very quickly after all of the trees are craned out.

Just a thought...

Good post, Nick. Though grapple trucks don't much get thought of for moving brush, they sure make quick work of it. If you didn't have jobs everyday, it seems like hauling your brush to a location where you could chip it when time was available, it could be one approach.

Nick couple of problems with that, one I would have to pay to dump brush and two I am still trying to pay off the crane.

I was thinking chipping it later would also be a non option, although, chipping it using said grapple might not be so bad at all...

I like grapple trucks too !!
7d921ad7466c5a4a77a788f8c8ecc3c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man now thats a big ass truck!! Nice

Some of those ole boys up in Ohio have some big trucks, ours is just a 65 yarder. Those boys gotts some 75-80 yarders !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was shocked on my first tornado to see a rear-mount grapple truck pulling a huge trailer, too. That was wild. I don't know how big, but big.

Those would be beached whales here........y'all must luv the flat lands

I'm with you, John...beached and bad smelly dead whales, here too. But if you had the room, that would let you make a rather large pile of debris go away mighty quick...sure enough :thumbup:.

Those would be beached whales here........y'all must luv the flat lands

I remeber in nc seeing your red ford chug out of a corner up a hill. Yep, thats sounds familiar.

Ive too never seen a debris truck like that here. Let alone anyone but a landscraper haul brush. I do see the benefit and wish they can be applied here.

Trying to post more pics of crane work but they always seem so boring. Guess I might actually have to get out of my comfy chair to get better pics, no chance!!

Medium sized sycamore slayed and loaded in 2 hours......

1.jpg 2.jpg

They aren't boring.

You chipped that big ol hardwood log? wow!

Terry told me to tell you to change the filter and oil every 500 hrs.....he is in the midst of a tranny rebuild on his.....expensive.

Back