Good Morning!

I would flip. Last place I logged I fired atleast two or three new hires. Them or me and that's that. I had been there five years too though and new my bosses well. They'd get a little pissed but I'd tell them just leave that new guy at home and pay me his wage, we'd get more done anyways.

The new hires would go over the hill with me. I remember the one guy in winter lights a fire because he's cold. 1st day on the job. I told him he was cold because he wasn't doing f-ck all and if he thought he was going to sit by a fire while I did everything he'd best just get heading to the crummy.

Another guy was about 20mins in and complaining about his knee.....I gave him the WTF look? And sent him packing up the hill too. I remember my boss running the harder and he'd call me over the radio,"yah I see so and so coming up the hill, everything alright". I'd just reply, "yup, it is now".

I'm not sure if it was one of those clowns or another hillside reject that got all testy when I told him to beat feet. Something about I wasn't the boss and couldn't tell him yada, yada? I remember looking at him as I'm running the carriage and hooking three beads and cleared before he could get even one and reminding him about how far from town and any sort of medical support he was. He left without conflict.

Few tense rides home in the crummy on those days. I didn't GAF though I put in my time and wasn't gonna be picking up slack for some waterass at that point in my logging career.

So today officially sucked. Took all morning to get the new guy to even learn how to even get the skidder to the trees. After a close and personal, up close talk at lunch I simply said screw it and started cutting. Most pathetic day I've ever had logging. 30 trees out of the woods and it took 6 f-ing hours. Boss and I have already had the discussion again tonight. I was told that if I can't train him then run him off and it's officially my final say with the day to day from here on out. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'm gonna get everything cut and that way I can fire the prick and skid myself

Beautiful morning here. 18 degrees F. The grass is crunching as we walked the job. I love it. Letting the guys get one last warm up in before I make them sweat. 3 easy pines to strip out. Possibly a short zip line for two to clear some bushes.

Weedies?

This guy across from me pulls this out at the shop....from trader Joe's.

6b992adda5e7a23cd3a3125cfb141037.jpg

:coffee2::coffee2:

So after a few years of having several of my closest TV stations work only sometimes, I now figured out when I turn the light on that is near the antenna I lose reception. always thought is was a variance in the weather or the power of the signal, but never figured out a schedule to it...just seemed random.

Now I'm interested in whether it is just the LED that does this, other kinds of bulbs, or the fixture itself. Guess I've got some experimenting to do...

So did you figure it out? What kind of antenna are you using? Been shopping for one myself.

So did you figure it out? What kind of antenna are you using? Been shopping for one myself.

Regular incandescent doesn't interfere with it. I didn't have any fluorescents around to try, but I suspect they would affect it also because of the transformer/starter thing they have that I believe is similar to the ones on LEDs (not really unsure though).

Top of the morning guys and gals. 10* and snowing. Just stepped in the truck to warm my fingers. another fun day of making a mess. It's looking to be a beautiful day

Got woke up at daybreak (7:00 am) by a concerned nieghbor. A log splitter was laying on the edge of the road by the RR tracks. I went and hooked it up and parked it in my drive. Called the police to let them know that if anyone reports one stolen, I've got it. About time for me to make breakfast.

I'm sure someone will be missing it. I called it in. It looked like it came off the back of a four wheeler on the tracks which would make me think it was stolen. It's chained up in plain sight for now. I might go out and give it a run just to see how it works

Went with a Buddy and picked up my tonneau cover out of the farmers' field this morning. Hoping my insurance gets me a new one...never turned a claim in before, but I'm thinking it might be covered.

Wouldn't you know it? I got an email from Janet Napalitano this morning.

I thought maybe it was because I had mentioned that the Border Patrol was not allowed to detain suspects at the US/Canadian border.

Nope, she has 40 million dollars ready for me to collect. I guess she had been keeping it for me in Africa this whole time! As soon as I send her my personal info, I am going to donate a bunch to the 'House!

Back