Fund Raiser / Bone Cancer :(

Butch, I was wondering about you and Mike the other day. The good part of being self employed, is you're the last to be laid off. Different in the life of a contract climber/ bucket op.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't heard from him, which isn't a good sign. I'm about scared to call him. He's been calling me when he's feeling well...

Well, they're lopping Mike's leg off on the 15th. Below the knee at first, and if there's no cancer at the point of amputation, that will be it. So far, it's just in his lower leg. I hope this takes care of it!

Sad to hear Butch. But as you say, there are worse things. My grandfather worked and lived most of his later life without a leg. I hope Mike keeps a positive attitude and keeps on keepin on.

I talked with Mike - he thinks he'll get to go home tomorrow. He's scheduled for four more rounds of chemo, which means more trips back to Houston. He says he can till feel his amputated foot, like it'll itch and he'll wanna scratch it - phantom limb syndrome. Damn...

Hey TreeHousers... Mike just wanted me to thank all of you for helping him out during his ordeal. He's doing fine, the cancer hasn't raised it's head again. He's learning to walk with his prosthetic leg and trying to figure out what he will do treework wise. He's thinking about doing the subcontract stump grinding thing, but who knows...

Just giving ya'll an update! :rockon:

I really miss my days rocking and rolling with this guy. We did some amazing stuff over the years! :)

Back