Fund Raiser / Bone Cancer :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My good friend who I've been working with for the last 15 years is fighting bone cancer and is running out of money. I know you don't know him from Adam, but rest assured he is one of the best people on the face of the earth. He'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it!

I hate begging, but I'll beg for my buddy Mike. If you can help in any way, please send a check to;

Capital One Bank
3701 Jackson St
Alexandria, LA 71301

Make the check out to Michael Mitchell Donation Fund, account number 5628939200, and write "for deposit only" on the back.

I deserve cancer more than Mike - he's ten times the man that I am.

Thanks for anything you can give, and forgive me for asking all of you.

Please help my Friend.

I bumped this post because I edited it a bit.

Also, I talked with Mike yesterday and the docs seem to think the cancer is receding: it also isn't spreading. He's on his third round of chemo right now. Having to travel to Houston and stay at motels for several days is hitting his wallet, for sure. But the cancer receding is great news! Mike and his wife/family can't believe the generosity of TreeHousers... they are quite amazed!

It'll be 'aight, I talked to the bank. Doing that just expedites it. It's all good!

I didn't write deposit only on the back......

hope it still lands in his hands....

I didn't either, Deva, but the check cleared our account and since I work at the bank I was able to see an image of it that showed it went into Mike's account.

How's Mike doing, Butch? We sent a contribution to his account when this started. Though I don't know if he even knew where it came from. Doesn't matter really. I just hope he's doing better. It's so cool that we help out.

On another note, I lost three friends in the last three months. 2 from cancer and one suicide. Seems to be our age is coming to show the bitter reality of our lives. Makes me wonder, is life just about learning, and then we die before we can do our best through what we learned? Sorry for the derail.

The Docs are considering amputation from the knee down, but it's not final. So far, it hasn't spread. He's amazed at the generosity of complete strangers! He's trying to get disability, but he has to be down for 5 months for that to be considered.

Sorry to hear about your friends. Getting old isn't for the timid.

They say once you've had chemo, like a heat stroke, you're never quite the same again.

Back