Fishing 2012

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never considered my sense of taste to be superb. Smell, that's my strong suit. I'm like a coonhound.

You like smell, Chris..... I should send you some fermenting soy beans. I love the stuff, it can show that smell can be deceiving.

Freshwater fish can get muddy from foul water and algae blooms, also some freshwater are scavengers and the bottom feeders can also get off flavoured, saltwater fish don't get that. that I know of, but taken at a decent time, I have no qualms eating trout and other freshwater fish.

Saltwater fish have to drink a lot more water than freshwater fish, something about the salt balance in their bodies. Freshwater fish have to produce a lot more pee. Remember that when at the fish market.

Hella of a day today, 10 lobster, a grouper, and two other fish, trigger and a hog. Pictures tomorrow, so tired tonight.

10 more lobster yesterday, the current was ripping so not an easy task. The best part of the day though was seeing dolphins in the wild actually jumping and playing. I have only seen the jumping once maybe twice before. It was a mom with her kids doing the jumping. SO COOL.

V, you love dolphins. How about a jumping dolphin tattoo for yourself? I'll contribute a few bucks toward the art work!

Nah Jay, I would never get a tattoo. My daughter got one on her foot, a butterfly and I literally cried myself to sleep. Just not for me. I wear a dolphin necklace and earrings every day though!

I need to get off my a$$ and back in the water...how do you make time V?

Well, my children are grown, so the weekends are ours. Instead of going to the bahamas over labor day, we are just taking a vacation right here at home. Right nice not to have to trek through Miami International today! Instead, we will be back on the water. Today is a lay day, headed over to the sand bar and get on a raft.

V, there has been some stuff on the news about the hazards of some types of sunblock. Have you checked it out to be safe?

Back