Fishing 2012

It's a striper, same as they catch on the East coast just not as big, and in fresh water. Lots of fun when you get on a big blitz and if you can hit the water you can catch fish!

Any of you guys fly fish for Tarpon? I have hooked em , Jumped em and lost alot of flies, but have never been able to land one----Yet.

I have never fly fished, it is such an art to me, something I just have not tried. As for tarpon fishing, we have a huge season here, the guides look forward to it. We don't really fish for tarpon, can't keep them with out a stamp and we don't eat them. We fish so John can eat!

Jeff, fishhuntcutwood is an avid fly fisherman. I think he even ties his own flies.

IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1239-001.JPG Lobster mini season was Wednesday and Thursday this week. John and I got our limit and were back on the dock in one hour!! We only had to hit one hole. John went down, took a look and said, Gigi get your gear on we are going to get our limit right here! Love it when that happens.

Yep, that's our limit per day, 6 each! That is why we did not go on the second day, we fish to eat. Broiled lobster, boiled lobster, fried lobster, lobster lobster lobster!!

Thats is too cool. What type are they?

If I dont have my lobsters screwed up I think it is Maine I like best as it seems lot sweeter then the Rock.

People in Maine are proud of their lobsters. I recall going through customs in Bangor, Maine, and there being a small tank with a few lobsters in it against the wall. They were real too.

Thats is too cool. What type are they?

We call them Florida lobster. Not sure what the real name is, but people that love Maine lobsters really love them. John prefers the Florida Lobster though.

Oh, did I say Lobster tacos? On the menu this week. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went fishing yesterday. I made dumb faces in every picture. Haha. We took home 35 lbs of jumbo crappies. Let all the smallmouth we caught go. No trophy smallmouth. Perch wouldn't budge. Worked and worked and worked and finally got ol' marble eyes to cooperate at dusk.
IMAG0602.jpg

IMAG0605.jpg

I don't eat fresh water fish. Walleye, yes. But the 2 chaps I was fishing with are nuts over fresh water fish. So, they took all the crappies we caught. When I caught the walleye, I sent it hone with them as well. I still have some walleye in my freezer, and I didn't want to take another home until those were gone. I used to jam my freezer with game and all that and over time realized that too much of it was going to waste and not being eaten in a timely manner. I've become more eager to give away a lot of my catches and kills to be sure nothing is wasted. I let all fish go usually unless I'm fishing with folks that love eating it, and in that case I help fill their cooler.

I don't enjoy the taste. I've always felt like they tasted like they smelled. It could just be me. Now those fish and critters swimming around in the Gulf down your way make me go hog wild.

To me there is. If I serve you trout, and then serve you some grouper, you'll know in an instant that there's been a change.

Butch, if I lived down your way is be eating crawdads, shrimp, grouper, etc until my tongue fell off. Provided I could afford to do so. Which I can't.

In fish eating land here, it isn't uncommon to hear folks say that they don't like freshwater species, while gobbling up ocean life.

Back