Filson bibs or chaps?

Butch was it a tin cloth shirt or some sort of fancy schmancy garbage? Filson makes a bunch of high end wear for "sporting gentleman".

Tin pants are very popular here in the PNW with the loggers. I got my first pair when I was working in the rigging in the woods 15 years ago. I am now on my second pair. Mainly wear them in the winter with some light long underwear (mainly because the feel of the pants against the skin) They work good, better and more durable then rain gear. And no, I have never washed them.

I'll have to pass on that $612 shirt. I get the fact that it is a limited edition of a past garment, and some hobb knob sporting gent out there will want to parade around in it at his elite shooting preserve, but $612? NO.

Yes Butch. There is a large market of clothing in that price range. In any major city there will be a shopping district of shops that sell crap like that. Think 5th Avenue.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/97GiRk8_HQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or would it be?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xToPCaNxaow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not that I mind not washing clothes, I barely do it now, but how can they handle the rain if they can't be washed. I suppose the detergent. methinks I'll get a pair. I've been looking for a set of clothes that I can where all the time. you know, like a superhero. (or villain )

Its like a good pair of leather boots. You keep them brushed clean and oiled/waxed. No need to wash.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok I went with Carhartt bibs the major deciding factor was the zip to the thighs zipper. I wanted something I could put on over boots in the winter, and Filson was not going to add a zipper for me and suggested that I have a seamstress do the alteration and void the warranty. :?

Back