F450 Ford owners

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Anyone with a 2004 or alike ford f450?

I am in need of a measurement of the rear stance. From outer tire to outer tire.

I dont think they are wider than their brothers, 550/350, but not sure. I found one with 20000 miles and need to see if my aluminum flatbed will work on it before proceding.

Anyone with a 2004 or alike ford f450?

I am in need of a measurement of the rear stance. From outer tire to outer tire.

I dont think they are wider than their brothers, 550/350, but not sure. I found one with 20000 miles and need to see if my aluminum flatbed will work on it before proceding.

I can measure mine tomorrow for ya it's an 06'.
The only thing is that you need to check the engine and see if there have been upgrades/repairs done if it is the 6.0 diesel. If not it may not be worth buying. The EGR cooler is the root of many of the problems that motor has.

Don't the 450 and 550 both share the narrower heavier frame? What rear end is in a 450? Dana 135 in my 550.

My 97' F450 4x4 has the dana 80 rear with a mc 80 front axle...its beefy!

LOL, I used rustoleum enamel and srayed it through my well made spray gun, seems to be very durable so far

My 6.0 gave me 150,000 before I spent a penny other than maintenance. It has 202,000 on it now and is looking at around 2,000 to put it back in action (the standard upgrade BS). The new chip truck has a 6.0 and I await the power.

I won't argue the power that's for sure. A lot has been figured out about them since they were first introduced. And I sure wish you the best of luck with yours, especially the new one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My blue/green cab and chassis is sold pending me finding the replacement. Need an auto and something with power to haul the log trailer. The new 350s have 14000 gvw too(about 5000 capacity with my aluminum body). Trying to find a used old truck ideally, but thats almost impossible around here. I wont buy a truck with a plow, or remnants of one. So thats about 99 percent of duallies up here. So new is about the only option left.

Back