Tree Service for sale on E bay

• Thread starter Jonseredbred
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 3K
J

Jonseredbred

Think this might be a scam???:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tree-Service-50...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Tree Service based in Roswell GA (north of Atlanta) We did 500K (+/- a few thousand) within the last 12 months. But what is better is that out of that we did: 177K in 4.5 days during hurricane Ike AND 30K in 5 days for this last ice storm in Paducah KY We just had our 3rd child and are starting a new business where dad can be around the kids more. We are moving out of state and need to sell. We are looking for a quick sale and have priced the company VERY competitively and 168K. Trees are recession proof because THEY ALWAYS KEEP GROWING AND ALWAYS KEEP DYING and STORMS MAKE THEM FALL!!!! We are setting this up as a CASH sale. So if you are trying to get a SBA loan, don't bother. The pieces of equipment that we have loans on are as follows: Brush bandit 1890 20 inch chipper with winch (1240 Hours) 2004 Ford F250 50,000 miles 2004 Bobcat T300 1250 hrs 2004 Thomas 25G Mini skidsteer less than a hundred hours 2006 mini grapple for the Thomas 25G Mini skidsteer 2001 international DT 466 chipper truck with a 30 Yard dump box 50,000 miles 2007 Ryans 72” grapple. If you don't have money, don’t bother. This is not your deal. We are NOT going to do any owner finance. But if you do have money as well as some time to put into a great business, Drop us an email. You won’t be disappointed. We will teach you how to make 177K in four and a half days of tree cutting. Think about that for a second. That is what we did during Ike. We left on a Monday morning and came home the following Sunday with 177K in hand. (minus expenses of course) Only a handful of tree guys in the country know how to do those type of numbers.... What we mean is only a handful can do these numbers without one single job entering into the "price gouging" category. We will teach you how. Also, we just got back from the ice storm in KY. We grossed 30K in 6 days while we watched as tons of inexperienced tree guys floundered around trying to figure out how to make money during a storm. Storms always come and knowing how to work them makes money faster than you can keep up with. But the best thing is, you get a GREAT tree service here locally that brings in 10K per week during the season (mar-nov). Send us an email if you are interested AND ONLY if you have cash. Lastly, If you are another tree service, don’t bother us. We are not going to share our secrets with our competition. Before we meet with anyone, non-disclosure documents will have to be signed. But if you are someone who is not afraid of work, ready to make some money and has access to 168K, send us an email and let us show you how to do 30K-100K a week! (with the books to prove it). Thanks

That guy has been trying to sell his business for a long time. It's no scam. He posted it on Tree Buzz about two - three months ago. That T300 he has leaks oil, but otherwise his equipment is good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, if he did 207k of his total 500k gross in 10 days it tells me the rest of the time his business sucks.

If I had $168K cash, buying someone else's labor intensive business is about the last thing I would invest in.

"What we mean is only a handful can do these numbers without one single job entering into the 'price gouging' category."

So, I guess charging 15 TIMES your normal rate is not considered price gouging? :?

Good point. His numbers aren't that impressive really.

You are right, they are not. But this is a typical trap for treemen. I have been there. You have one of those stellar weeks where after paying off labor and equipment, you pocket $10k. It is addictive and makes it hard to punch the clock.

It is also easy to focus on the best days where the money is easy, lying to yourself that you make $1K-$2k a day, etc. Truth is, you have to average in all those days where you meet with an accountant, file taxes, maintain equipment, get rained out, etc. Then you find you are just making an honest living.

To many treemen focus on the flash numbers like how much in a day, etc. Bottom line isn't how much cash flow you can generate, but how many Benjamins you can get in your pocket.8) Take his example of grossing $30K in 6 daze of storm work. He still has notes on equipment, travel costs, labor, etc. I pocketed $5K in 4 days after IKE. My over head was filling my gas can, car, 6 pack of Lone Star, and a pizza. I think I made out far better than he did and I won't even make you sign a non-disclosure document to tell you how I did it. :)

I think I might use this as my disclaimer on reports and get rid of the legal mumbo jumbo: "THEY ALWAYS KEEP GROWING AND ALWAYS KEEP DYING and STORMS MAKE THEM FALL!!!"

I pocketed $5K in 4 days after IKE. My over head was filling my gas can, car, 6 pack of Lone Star, and a pizza. I think I made out far better than he did and I won't even make you sign a non-disclosure document to tell you how I did it. :)

So you don't count your saws and climbing gear expenses as overhead?:P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He sold them for the 6 pack of Lone Star.

So instead of listing an asset sale and then the cap ex for the beer its just cleaner on the books to put the beer in as o/h.;)

I don't consider anything I already own as overhead. If they sit for a year, they don't cost me anything except for the tiny amount of interest banks are paying for using your money. (If I had the equivalent cash in the bank) If I was making payments on a piece of equipment, that monthly payment would be considered overhead.

I don't consider anything I already own as overhead. If they sit for a year, they don't cost me anything except for the tiny amount of interest banks are paying for using your money. (If I had the equivalent cash in the bank) If I was making payments on a piece of equipment, that monthly payment would be considered overhead.

Equipment you own must be recovered, ( asset recovery ). Thats an overhead. Equipment wears out, you must have the cash to replace it, so that expence should be cal. into your hour price when estimating. jm2c

I never did care for all that accounting bs, allocating, depreciation etc., buy I guess you are right. Usually when I have to fix something I write it off as a business expense, but I don't allocate it out per day. When I need to buy something, I usually save up for it, unless it is a big ticket item like the 23GT I am trying to get. I was able to pay cash for the 15GT, but I don't allocate it out on a daily basis either. I wrote it off under Sec 173 and paid no federal taxes in 2006 with that deduction.

It takes $59.00 per hour to recover my assets.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you calculate that? All my stuff is paid for, but I'm interested in how I can wrap a value around my use of it. I know about the whole 5 year tax depreciation. Do you just break that down into an hourly value? I've found that breaking it down like that is problematic when you don't work a regular amount a week, which is the norm right now.

If you pay $20k for your chipper and you expect it to last (be replaced, rebuilt, or otherwise used up) 1k hours, that's $20 an hour for it.

My mini. I paid $12k, I expect it to last 1k hours, that's $12 an hour.

My dump trailer was $4500, I expect it to last forever, thus I don't worry with it.

My lift was (for sake of math) $20k, I expect it to last 500 hours, that's $40 an hour. This is complicated by the way it measures hours, 500 hours would be roughly 3k hours of tree work, which knocks it down to $6.66 an hour.

My car (in the "How much does it cost to drive a mile" thread) I figured $7400 divided by an expected life of 240k miles. It already had 67k on it, so that makes it 173k miles into $7400 which equals 4.3 cents per mile.

So on and so forth.

That way makes sense. I'm always curious as to how people figure out all these things.

Managing your money is part of being a professional, and will keep you in the business even in slow times like now.

Back