Epic cross country road trip(finally haha)

Ha...finding the right person early is amazing!

If you have a desire to do something, be honest from the get go with the significant other and they will either share your journey/vision or not. If not and they are happy to wait for you then fine, but if not and they want you to not as well, then NOT fine!

Conversely, if the other wants to do something and insists you do it with them, and you really don't want to, then that's not cool either, don't put your guilt trip on me for you not doing something because it doesn't interest me! You want to do it, do it...I'm happy to watch you enjoy yourself from the sidelines with a cold beer!

Now this right here is wisdom, Adrian...read it twice and remember it always. Good post, Fiona :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, this is why I love the TH. Thanks Fiona, that's pretty much how I've always thought about it. Decided I'm hitting the road and going through with it, better now than later haha.

And wise words Butch and Gerry both lol.

My pleasure..if I can share some little bits of wisdom gleaned from ?? years of marriage then happy to help!

Pretty nice city, too.

I HATE cities ( I am probably the only person who have lived 2 winters in Israel and never seen Jerusalem), but I like San Francisco.
It has a nice ambience to it, that other cities lack.
Or maybe it is just because I'm an old hippie and Deadhead:)

Pretty nice city, too.

I HATE cities ( I am probably the only person who have lived 2 winters in Israel and never seen Jerusalem), but I like San Francisco.
It has a nice ambience to it, that other cities lack.
Or maybe it is just because I'm an old hippie and Deadhead:)

Im jealous, How come you never seen Jerusalem? Ive been a lot of places, but if I went to Israel, I would see Jerusalem on purpose. San Fran I have been a few times,

Dude, I wouldn't bother, everything's all broken up and smashed. They show you all these pictures of a temple and then you get there and all its got are a couple of walls left. What a rip-off!

Jeff, Jerusalem is just another city to me!
No different from Chicago.

I don't like cities!

There was a sighting of a water streak Jesus under a highway overpass coming down the wall. Religious types were gathered there to see it; mostly, it was Mexican Catholics, I believe.

Stig, interesting to know you're a deadhead. Not too many hippie loggers, I don't suppose.

Who else?

I only saw one show in '91, Chicago. Was wanting to go to some in '95, but...

Adrian, Go West Young Man.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just when I thought I was in the clear here, something came up I really have no control over thats probably gonna put the brakes on the trip for a few months.

For those that don't know, Dad has hepatitis C, a disease that affects the liver and can lead to liver failure primarily and other life threatening things. He's had it for years. Probably 5 to 7 years ago he under went a treatment that had minimal effect on it. Hasn't been bothering him much since, but after getting checked out they said lvl's of the virus are critically high in his blood and they want to start him on another treatment, this one with a much better success rate(75% now compared to 40% last time). The thing is, the treatment has some pretty bad side effects. Its a new version of the treatment he tried and both have some bad side effects, mainly fatigue. He could hardly walk 10ft some days last time without getting winded and tired.

So I'm most likely gonna end up staying here for 6 months(length of treatment) and running the company while he goes through it. He still wants me to go but I know he needs the help and delaying it 6 months for something like this isn't that big a deal to me. Family trumps the trip here. Still gonna make it down to NC for a bit I think, depending on when he starts the treatment.

Back