Epic cross country road trip(finally haha)

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
So tree house peeps, I'm finally gonna make this cross country road trip happen. Launch point is Charlotte, NC, right after the CATCC. First stop is Andrew in Asheville for a week or so, after that hopefully some other guys in NC(I know Chip has expressed interest) and then working my south from there. Anyone who could use some help for a week or two, has a place I could crash, or just wants to meet up and hang out can let me know on here, or on FB. You can PM me for my # if need be. Thinking about staying in the NC, SC, FL, GA area until the East Coast GrillFest, but that will depend on how much work I can find in those areas and places to crash. Assuming I stick around that area for the ECGF, I'll head west from there, sticking to the southern half of the U.S., until I hit Cali, at which point I want to work my way up the coast line. Need to be in Portland by August for the ITCC. Probably gonna continue north after that for a bit, and then work my way back east. Don't really have an end date for this, so it'll be ongoing for awhile.

Have a good trip, Adrian. Why don't you make vids of your trip, 'Adrian's travelogue', and keep us informed, we want to see every detail! Haha, at least some pics.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll try to get vids where I can man, definitely gonna have plenty of pics though. Definitely staying in touch with the TH, shouldn't be a big problem.

Here's wishing ya safety and a great amount of enjoyment Adrian. I did something similar between high school and going into the service. Build some great memories!

I recently watched a series of videos where two guys hitched and rode the freights across the US, and also from Mexico to Alaska. America...that part of the world, is a fascinating place, lots of cool people with diversity, and a good share of strangeness.

Yep, looking forward to it! Wanted to go for it last year but things came up. This year I'm getting everything ironed out as best I can before the trip. Getting the mini skid for Dad, getting our contract climber we use sometimes to work 2-3 days a week while I'm gone for Dad, etc.

Paul, starting in NC because of the Charlotte Arborist Tree Climbing Comp. It starts April 29th, and I wanted to stay in KY until at least the beginning of May, so it worked out well. I may try too work my way up VA after the CATCC, the Ohio comp is in mid May I believe, and its supposed to be good this year, so I might come back up for that, idk yet. Have to see how things work out.

Forgot to mention, also interested in camp spots, if anyone can recommend some good places. Plan on packing a tent along, along with a tree boat, since I'll most likely have a hard time getting a hotel/motel room anywhere. At that point, I'd really only need access to a shower lol.

not sure how it falls into the travel plans but the midwestern isa comp is in june in kansas city. I dont know the exact dates but it should be on the website soon (mwisa.org). If thats to far north of where youre going, you can come by here, im in oklahoma.

have fun nonetheles!

Tent living scary?? Nah. Just plan to swing by a truck stop every couple of days and rinse off. If you stealth camped you should never really have boarding costs. Just sleep with the 200t. If anyone starts messing with you, run out of the tent with chainsaw revving....

Don't be shy about dropping in on the tree Guy family, several other housers have, and live to tell aboutit---sory I'm on a tablet and it sucks

Pretty safe camping in my yard. Heck, plenty of trees to hang a tree boat or hammock in as well. Quick access to Yosemite. Hot showers and good food usually ;)

And Wifi :lol:

The way things are going I should be able to give you some work and since were heading up to Portland you can hang till then, just holler when your on your way8)

Back