Craigslist thread

It'll look better with a chain brake on there.

I remember when I started a few of the dinosaur climbers still broke off their chain brakes.

Ya. A penny a scoop. I bet its a rich jerk that posted that ad. That's $1500-2200 worth of mulch he wants spread for $400, plus leaf clean up. Some poor sap will take the bait. Probably will have no clue what 50 yards of mulch looks like let alone feels like. With that much mulch, I'd hire in a mulch pump truck if my name was on the job.

Interesting as I have no idea what exactly a big bore kit consists off for that saw nor if they are actually made .

Fact it wasn't until recently they came up with after market kits .Lawdy there's probabley a zillion of them that died on the vine from cooked top ends which was caused by bad bearings that wiped the crank seals .Kinda sad ,a 600 dollar saw that got killed by an 18 dollar bearing .

I bid on removing a real big English walnut yesterday.

Has a very fine log on it, but it is growing right at the corner between the driveway and street, so there will be metal in it for sure.

I got the job and less than 15 minutes after I posted the log up for grabs on the Danish woodturner forum, two guys said they'll come by and pick it up when I fall it.

Way smaller.
This is at the very northern end of walnut range, biggest one I know of is about 4½ foot DBH.

This one is 3 feet, but with a nice long bole on it.

The one guy, who is a pro turner, wants to turn it into large platters. That should yield a few:lol:

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/3781218809.html
Not sure if this thread is for funny ads only or what but I thought someone might be interested in this. I went to this guys house to see if I could trade him some pruning work for a saw and he said no deals. He let me run a couple of saws that he had rebuilt including this one, it ran great! He has a couple of these and also and 020 that he rebuilt.

Back