Climbing In The Rain?

Not intentionally, especially now I'm doing my own thing. Sometimes I'll get it wrong and get wet.
If its forecast to rain hard, all day, then no way.
(The wallet thing was good)

SeQrDUC.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't understand the few guy's/employers that actually want crews working in the rain?! Im contract climbing atm but i used to HATE driving the riggs in the rain,when you lock em up its like your ice skating with a really fat date!
Thats on dry roads

Hahaaa I thought that was a picture of your house or something ,then I clicked on it lmao so right

Some trees are NOT meant for rain. Some, I can hardly tell. I have a big umbrella.

540 * lanyard wraps. High TIP. Consistent friction of a stationary rope! Pole spurs on thin bark, small diameter (truthfully, I prefer pole spurs almost always. If I'm going to spur a big fir, in going to set a high TIP, and regard the spurs and flip line as work positioning.

If you live in San Diego, do maintenance/ marketing/ accounting.

Much rather work in 60* rain than 20* and dry. 34* and rain, no likee.

Shit man,people drive like ass ,cut me off n slam on their brakes,had a guy pull out in front of me at an intersection,list goes on...

I despise climbing in the rain. You're getting soaked no matter what. I'll take 20 and dry over 60 and rain any day. It doesn't matter what the weather is like for me. If it's to bad out to work the boss has me at the shop helping the mechanic or looking at upcoming jobs. My ground help on the other hand will do rain dances or wind dances or flaming hail dances. They must make more than I thought because they never want to work unless it's 70, sunny, and a slight breeze ( but only for 8 hours).
Wet gear sucks. I'm slowly working towards a second of every piece of climbing and rigging " software" I own because of this. Just acquired another saddle ( an edge) from a guy that thought he wanted to be a climber. It had less than 40 hrs of use. Along with his poison ivy, split tail, and lanyard. It gives me time to dry my normal set up.

I remember a groundie drawing a crude turtle in the dirt and pissing three circles around it.

That ritual was supposed to make it rain, then we'd go home.

I can't remember if it worked orrrr not....

I so don't miss working in the rain. I will do whatever I can to avoid it for evermore. Lol. Snow too. Sucks.

Rains all winter here in Victoria. Were I was previous, Manchester and Cheshire UK, it'd rain fall, winter, spring and summer. It was always raining it seemed. Lots of guys in the region here complain about the rain....they should move to the British Isles, little wonder its so green there. Ireland, the emerald Isle....its always raining.

Its nice if you have enough work that you can drop onto easier jobs in the wet, but its just not always possible. You need to know your limitations for sure. And then theres the added element of wrecking peoples gardens....because the ground is saturated and soft. Its a pita, but you still have bills to pay. They wont wait for the sun to come out. For me, high wind is far more menacing.

I am sat at home chillin listening to the wind and rain drive by outside.

The job today was to rig out a large sycamore in a large back garden. The guy called the job off, as removing the tree would have damaged to lawns dragging it all out.

No complaints from me. Climbing in the rain sucks. Although when I am working in Norway we just seem to crack out the works.

The first time I worked for the main crane op, it was in a half day downpour. I kicked A because I wanted him to keep hiring me. At the end of the day when he paid me, he had the most guilty look on his face. First I wondered of either it was the rain or the wages were too low, but I figured it was probably both.. :lol:

For me, high wind is far more menacing.

Yea really,i also have a hard time on deciding when its TOO windy,you have some kind of coping mechanism to help keep your nerves calm while the gusts start crankin? I usually clinch up and hunker down to the whatever I'm on atm lol

Back